[SE] The Candle and the Mirror
Jigano Silversmith
the Sage
Provost of the Loreseekers Soul Shepherd
Portal Guardian
Age: 36 | Height: 6'2" | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 30 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 38 - Luck: 42 - Int:
ISUMA - Mythical - Griffin (Venomous)
Played by: Cirago Offline
Change author:
MP: 5720
Amalia was a spring storm, a flurry of flower petals in full bloom sweeping around them and catching them up in her joy. Jigano so rarely saw his heartsister in such unabashed gaiety that he laughed softly at her happiness as it infected him as well, and he pressed closer to Rory. On this night his fractured heart was full to overflowing with light and for now, at least, his past no longer shackled him to self-imposed guilt. His thumb traced small caresses over the hand he held – that held his – in idle reminder of other caresses, the fires they had stoked having been banked… for now.

He still stole glances at his tousled partner, a little smile curving his lips when he did, an expression almost out of place on his sharp-featured face: soft and sweet and no little vulnerable, but much of that softness lingered when he glanced back to check on Amalia as well, his smile flashing into a grin at her buoyant energy. When she danced and spun it made her look even younger – or perhaps, it made her look her proper age, carefree and hopeful and bright as sunrise as she overtook them and captured them both with a wicked innocence that delighted the fox.

And nearly set him to coughing at her pointedly gleeful teasing. Was it really that obvious? He started to raise a hand self-consciously to his neck – but stopped himself halfway, considering a suitably clever reply—

Rory spoke up first and this time the lorekeeper’s eyes widened and he almost stumbled as he shot his lover a look that held laughter and a fierce blush rising in his cheeks. ”I, ah, didn’t want to interrupt him…” the bard managed, but an Amalia suddenly landed against his shoulder and he planted a laughing kiss to the top of her mischievous head before she escaped to the side of the wheel. A wheel whose flames suddenly seemed to dance against the breeze, bowing and flickering for the mage at his side. Jigano knew how they felt, burning brighter when Rory was around, and finding strength he’d thought long-since lost.

His heartsister, too, brought out his better facets, and he reached out to tuck a wayward tress back behind Amalia’s ear with a lopsided grin. ”As if I could keep up with you!” he laughed at her taunt. ”No… I think I’m finally done with running,” he added more softly, stealing a warm, shy look to the man who held his hand. ”Though I wish I’d known to bring a candle. Are we supposed to say a prayer as we light them? A wish? And do you think anyone would get mad if I stole one from a lantern to add to the Wheel?” he teased his friends lightly, blue eyes bright beneath the galaxies that spun by overhead in their ancient, stately dance.

Messages In This Thread
[SE] The Candle and the Mirror - by Jigano - 04-18-2019, 02:26 AM
RE: [SE] The Candle and the Mirror - by Amalia - 04-24-2019, 07:54 PM
RE: [SE] The Candle and the Mirror - by Rory - 04-25-2019, 02:31 PM
RE: [SE] The Candle and the Mirror - by Jigano - 04-25-2019, 03:35 PM
RE: [SE] The Candle and the Mirror - by Amalia - 04-25-2019, 06:06 PM
RE: [SE] The Candle and the Mirror - by Rory - 04-28-2019, 10:08 AM
RE: [SE] The Candle and the Mirror - by Jigano - 04-28-2019, 03:27 PM
RE: [SE] The Candle and the Mirror - by Amalia - 04-30-2019, 01:55 AM
RE: [SE] The Candle and the Mirror - by Rory - 06-01-2019, 09:50 AM
RE: [SE] The Candle and the Mirror - by Jigano - 06-01-2019, 03:31 PM
RE: [SE] The Candle and the Mirror - by Amalia - 06-02-2019, 07:24 PM