The Honeysuckle Princess
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Age: 26 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 46 - Endr: 41 - Luck: 41 - Int:
PIM - Mythical - Dragon (Electricity) BRANBAST - Mythical - Sear Cat (Speech)
Played by: Grant Offline
Change author:
MP: 1825
Phoebe had always been accepting of the fact that she wasn't the fighting sort. She served many other purposes in life besides being physically strong and capable. She was a midwife, she knew basic first aid that could save lives, she was a helper. Even if she wasn't perfect at it all the time that was her lot and she was content with it. Or she had been. You see, as of late, she had been babysitting her nephews quite a lot. And one such occassion they had been playing knights, and as usual, Cormac and Jax were valiant knights out to slay some evil-doer played by Rhett, and she a helpless princess to be saved. She had even worn the crown Frey had given her at their insistence and so they called her the Honeysuckle Princess... and in one exchange between Cormac and Jax, a seed of doubt was sewn in the back of her mind.

'We really do gotta protect her though 'cause she can't she is helpless.' Cormac said.

'Yeah the Honeysuckle Princess is real weak.' Jax agreed.

'Not the Princess, Auntie Phoebe, Jax.' Cormac told his brother.

It was more than a game. Children six year olds thought they were more capable than her. She knew nothing mean was meant by it, but it was elucidating to a bigger problem she had never addressed. Was she really such a liablity that children had reason to be concerned for her? Clearly the answer was yes. And furthermore, given the number of children in her life, and that would be in the future, if she remained so vulnerable, wasn't she just putting them in danger too? Caido wasn't always the safest place, and with the barrier down and trouble brewing...Phoebe just couldn't sit idly any more.

So she would turn to the divine for help. She didn't need to be a valiant warrior like Roana. She didn't even need amazing weapons or powers like Remi had. She just needed to be able to defend herself and those around her if such a time came. Images of Long Night, the monsters, the terrified children clinging to her legs and being able to do nothing...not again.

Phoebe came to the shrine of Rae and Frey, a big basket of what she thought were Frey's favorite fruits and honeysuckle woven into the handle in hand. Frey would probably find this...boring. But Frey had helped her grow as a person before...she could only hope they would be willing to help her again. They couldn't control life or death, but they had bestowed a gift that could protect in a way before. She placed the offering on the shrine and knelt, bowing her head. "Frey, I hope you will grant me a few moments of your time...I am seeking a way to...be less of a liability to those around me and hope you will help me." she said.
Phoebe
I'll be your shoulder when you cry

Messages In This Thread
The Honeysuckle Princess - by Phoebe - 04-18-2019, 11:31 PM
RE: The Honeysuckle Princess - by Frey - 04-19-2019, 08:25 PM
RE: The Honeysuckle Princess - by Phoebe - 04-19-2019, 09:36 PM
RE: The Honeysuckle Princess - by Frey - 04-22-2019, 03:56 PM
RE: The Honeysuckle Princess - by Phoebe - 04-22-2019, 05:10 PM
RE: The Honeysuckle Princess - by Frey - 04-26-2019, 07:42 PM