The Honeysuckle Princess
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Age: 26 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 46 - Endr: 41 - Luck: 41 - Int:
PIM - Mythical - Dragon (Electricity) BRANBAST - Mythical - Sear Cat (Speech)
Played by: Grant Offline
Change author:
MP: 1825
Phoebe startled a little, hearing Frey's voice from behind her where she had not expected it. She turned, the picture of wide-eyed surprise for a moment before it melted into a small smile. Frey looked perfectly in their element, floating on (or was it in? Around?) the red waters. Seeing them here made it all the more clear why this shrine was dedicated to them and Rae. The young midwife shifted then to face them, kneeling at the water's edge. "Hello, Frey." she said with a small smile. "It is good to see you again, thank you for coming. I hope you have enjoyed your reunion with Rae." It was a sincere welcome, and she was indeed glad to see Frey. They had helped her grow as a person, they saw potential in her - even if her insecurities were irritating - and perhaps more importantly, there was no pretense. It was refreshing.

The slide chiding did cause her to glance down. "No...well not in full anyways, I remember...it's just a hard habit to break. I am working on it." she said, glancing back up at them, a bit mesmerized by how they hung in the water without really seeming to be in it at the same time. For Phoebe, growth seemed to be a sort of two steps forward, one step back scenario. But she was stubborn enough to pick herself up, dust herself off, and keep trying. "I'm...more concerned about those who would look to me for protection; children." Her nephews. Chris and Milly. Her own, someday in the near future. Almost instinctively her hand rested on her lower abdomen. "Is it wrong to want to protect those I helped bring into the world or am charge with the care of?" she asked, a genuine question. She thought worrying about others and their thoughts and opinions one thing, but worrying about those she literally was tasked with looking after different. But Frey, who begot wildlife simply by walking across the grass might think differently.

"I know I'm not likely to ever be powerful, but I just hoped there might be something that would help me be less of a sitting duck...and by proxy those with me." she said, glancing back up at Frey. "A shield or...something to hide with...Probably something to hide with." Phoebe had to be real with herself, she wasn't likely going to be able to hold a shield up. And even if she could, then what. She needed something that could aid in an escape. Something to hide her and the children, or make some escape portal or something along those lines.
Phoebe
I'll be your shoulder when you cry

Messages In This Thread
The Honeysuckle Princess - by Phoebe - 04-18-2019, 11:31 PM
RE: The Honeysuckle Princess - by Frey - 04-19-2019, 08:25 PM
RE: The Honeysuckle Princess - by Phoebe - 04-19-2019, 09:36 PM
RE: The Honeysuckle Princess - by Frey - 04-22-2019, 03:56 PM
RE: The Honeysuckle Princess - by Phoebe - 04-22-2019, 05:10 PM
RE: The Honeysuckle Princess - by Frey - 04-26-2019, 07:42 PM