Personal Quest When is a Barn a Home
Emmett Palmer

Age: 28 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 2 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 11 - Endr: 12 - Luck: 10 - Int:
Played by: Lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0

Emmett frowned and moved his head back at Roana's accusation. Called her a whore? "Well, uh...I mighta been there, but I sure didn' call anyone tha'." Not that he had much time to be irritated when Roana quickly pulled him in and began a practical tirade of angry whispers, most of which made him widen his eyes in surprise. Was everyone in this town determined to hate him over Phoebe? There were two sides to the story and they'd made up, so he didn't see what the fuck it had to do with them.

But he didn't want to fight, not when she'd shown up to help with his barn. So Emmett just gave her a tight lipped smile and nodded, then stepped away.

She busied herself getting the wood and Are fetched the metal, so Emmett focused on his task. Killian came and told him he was Attuned as well, but all Emmett did in response was nod; he wasn't sure how to communicate telepathically yet and was not comfortable doing it with someone he didn't know. It felt more intimate than that, somehow.

Between the two of them it was easy enough to get Mila to move out to the pen outside, her tail swishing as she walked into the new area. He'd tried his best to make it comfortable for her with plenty of room, water and food. No one could say Emmett didn't care for his animals; in fact he spent so much time worrying for their well-being he often neglected crops.

Going back into the barn, changing to his human form on the way, he was happy to see how much bigger and clearer the space looked without the junk in it. "Oh, tha's better. Good job guys." But it was still...in need of quite a lot of improvement. The floor was covered in dirty straw, which was not at all helping the smell. The walls were scuffed and weathered, in desperate need of a paint. The door swung awkwardly on a loose hinge and there was a hole in the roof.

"I think I'll fix the roof next...if y'see somethin' that needs doin', feel free to do it. I ain' picky as long as it becomes livable in here." Emmett explained, then began to climb the ladder so he could reach the roof to patch it up.

---
Choose a way to neaten up the barns looks!
No post order again!
Emmett
There'll be no value in the strength of walls that I have grown
There'll be no comfort in the shade of the shadows thrown
But I'd be yours if you'd be mine

Messages In This Thread
When is a Barn a Home - by Emmett - 04-22-2019, 09:45 PM
RE: When is a Barn a Home - by Are - 04-22-2019, 09:56 PM
RE: When is a Barn a Home - by Killian - 04-23-2019, 11:24 PM
RE: When is a Barn a Home - by Roana - 04-24-2019, 03:19 PM
RE: When is a Barn a Home - by Emmett - 04-24-2019, 04:51 PM
RE: When is a Barn a Home - by Roana - 04-24-2019, 05:32 PM