I Pray I'm Not Awake

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
"Mmhm. And I don't just mean that as a bit of rhetoric either. There is a resonance in all things. A frequency. A balance that needs to be met across the micro as well as the macro scales of this world. It is what people think they are latching onto when they say they can hear the music of the forest, or the song of the sea. It isn't actually a sound, but a structure. A perfect structure. It is why no one says they hear harmony in chaos, or if they do they're just being poetic and probably trying to get laid."

Shrugging, had Frey a cigarette they would have taken a long and slow drag. Instead, they merely continued to exist and permit the midwife this strange and unsettling view into the life of a god. "No you don't, and you won't ever." They said gently. "Your minds were not made capable of understanding, but don't let that bother you. There are creatures who can see all the light spectrum in a way you cannot. This is a bit like that. Your mind can only do so much."

With a snort, Frey laughed heartily for a moment and the world around seemed to positively blossom with their mirth. "Who knows. You all come up with loads of words for things you don't understand." With a shrug, Frey paused trying to put it into words that Phoebe might understand. "Love is like an answer when you do not know the equation. A perfectly composed piece of music written for an instrument you do not possess, much less know how to play. In life your souls are not worthy of it. That is why you feel it tarnish, and it breaks and it hurts. Only in death can your soul understand. Only with Mort can you truly feel love as it was meant to be felt."

Eyeing the midwife, Frey tucked a strand of hair behind her ear and cupped her face with the other hand. Their currently-masculine features drew near,  eyes coloured with the proverbial spark of life falling across Phoebe's face like a tidal wave. "Live." Frey whispered. "It will all fall into place as it was always meant to. Life is messy and it is hard, but that does not mean you are doing something wrong. We never designed you to live flawlessly." Waving a hand across the strange landscape, flashes of evolution played themselves out in a dizzying sort of dance. "Change comes through hardship. Problems lead to progress. It might all sound like a bunch of nonsense, but not everything in life is as complicated as you all make it. Sometimes you just need to live."
Frey
Table image by Beth Myer!

Messages In This Thread
I Pray I'm Not Awake - by Phoebe - 04-22-2019, 10:03 PM
RE: I Pray I'm Not Awake - by Frey - 04-23-2019, 03:10 AM
RE: I Pray I'm Not Awake - by Phoebe - 04-23-2019, 12:12 PM
RE: I Pray I'm Not Awake - by Frey - 04-23-2019, 08:33 PM
RE: I Pray I'm Not Awake - by Phoebe - 04-23-2019, 10:13 PM
RE: I Pray I'm Not Awake - by Frey - 04-25-2019, 02:42 AM
RE: I Pray I'm Not Awake - by Phoebe - 04-25-2019, 02:26 PM
RE: I Pray I'm Not Awake - by Frey - 04-26-2019, 08:04 PM
RE: I Pray I'm Not Awake - by Phoebe - 04-27-2019, 12:48 AM