I Pray I'm Not Awake
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Age: 26 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 46 - Endr: 41 - Luck: 41 - Int:
PIM - Mythical - Dragon (Electricity) BRANBAST - Mythical - Sear Cat (Speech)
Played by: Grant Offline
Change author:
MP: 1825
Phoebe
I've been very hopeful so far
Now for the first time I think we're going wrong
Hurry up and tell me this is all a dream
Or could we start again, please?

Phoebe's eyes widened, as even smaller particles were revealed within the squiggly circle. "Are there words for all of these things?" she asked, her held tilting slighty as she examined one little set, a few little circles attached to each other in a pattern. Some looked like it. Others had different patterns with different colored circles. "So...so these made up the other things...which make up everything else... but if you changed these around it would make something else, right?" Phoebe asked, pretending to move particles around to other clusters. "And...everything is made up of them?" Even her? She looked at her hands in near awe. To think, such little things coming together to make something as complex as her, working in perfect...

Harmony. Something clicked. Without harmony, there would literally be nothing. If those little particles were somehow messed up, or didnt align as intended, then everything she knew would not exist. That was why harmony was beautiful, because it was this harmonious balance of all these little bits that made the beautiful things.

Frey's description of humanity was equally unflattering and complimentary. Good and bad, some of their pitfalls arising from their strengths. She nodded without hesitation, agreeing with their assessment. People were complicated and complicating. That humans were unique in lying and hatred surprised her though. "Is there nothing you hate? Or lie about?" she asked. Hate wasn't an emotion she encountered often and she was an absolutely horrible liar. So that those were uniquely human was odd to her.

But they were all different she supposed. It might make more sense to someone else.

She glanced down thoughtfully as Frey reframed the concept of love for her. Her time with Emmett...the good parts...had been wonderful, had made her feel more deeply than she had before...and if the love she had felt for her child had been allowed to fully bloom she could only imagine how powerful it may have been. And really, what would life be without such emotion? How enjoyable would it be without the ability to feel that way? It seemed a sad existence. Even if it could get better, even if it was more, having some was better than none. "So, it is more of a mercy than anything to allow us a taste of it." she said quietly, before glancing up at Frey again.

The purpose was the harmony. The sum greater than the whole of its parts. She was just one little circle, but she contributed to making up something greater. Phoebe smiled a little. Even if she wasn't sure what that greater thing was, perhaps another thing she couldn't understand but Frey could, it was comforting to know that she was important in some little way. It was a way she had never thought of herself before. Phoebe, important? That was a new feeling.

But as her face pressed against Frey's chest, she nearly melted against them. The hum resonated through their chest and into her cheek in a soothing way, eyes half-lidded as she stared out at the tiny building blocks Frey had lit up for her. A light laugh escaped her lips as Frey called her boring for wanting to make them proud, feeling her heart swell again as they said they'd always be proud of her. In the moment it was just what she needed to hear, and coming from Frey - who did not make a habit of holding punches or saying things they did not mean - it made all the difference. "Who am I but a god, Frey says, like it's nothing special." she said shaking her head a little. It was very special, at least in her eyes. Frey was in many ways beyond comprehension, but as she hid in their arms they were more familiar than anything she had experienced since appearing in Caido. "Thank you, Frey. For everything...even if you think that everything is boring." she said quietly a small smile on her lips.

Messages In This Thread
I Pray I'm Not Awake - by Phoebe - 04-22-2019, 10:03 PM
RE: I Pray I'm Not Awake - by Frey - 04-23-2019, 03:10 AM
RE: I Pray I'm Not Awake - by Phoebe - 04-23-2019, 12:12 PM
RE: I Pray I'm Not Awake - by Frey - 04-23-2019, 08:33 PM
RE: I Pray I'm Not Awake - by Phoebe - 04-23-2019, 10:13 PM
RE: I Pray I'm Not Awake - by Frey - 04-25-2019, 02:42 AM
RE: I Pray I'm Not Awake - by Phoebe - 04-25-2019, 02:26 PM
RE: I Pray I'm Not Awake - by Frey - 04-26-2019, 08:04 PM
RE: I Pray I'm Not Awake - by Phoebe - 04-27-2019, 12:48 AM
RE: I Pray I'm Not Awake - by Frey - 04-29-2019, 05:15 PM
RE: I Pray I'm Not Awake - by Phoebe - 04-30-2019, 02:04 AM