like scar said, be prepared
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith
General of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 47 | Height: 5'8'' | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 61 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 61 - Luck: 58 - Int: 2
LOKI - Mythical - Dragon (Energy Blast)
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
MP: 0

“I’ll make exploration a priority,” she replies with a nod and a smile. It is good to have a purpose again, a reason to propel for forward. Life was self-explanatory when she was human: she had her family to take care of, food to gather, a house to keep in order, et cetera, et cetera… now that she technically needs none of those things, Wessex’s free time has grown exponentially. And sometimes she runs out of ways to fill it.

“As for the general population…” her lip curls ever so slightly at the thought of most of them. “My immediate thought is ’their loss,’ but of course that doesn’t help us. A soft, dry chuckle. “I’ll keep a lookout for any with potential. It’s a shame about Aedion and the Spire… I rather liked him.” And here she pauses for a moment, eyes downcast, an unusual moment of struggle clearly writ across her body. “You were freed either way, so I don’t think it ultimately matters, and worrying about ‘what if’s’ is pointless, but some part of me still feels guilty for not entering the Spire. It means I’m here and able to continue your work, but I wonder if I could have saved one of them…”

Her voice trails off and to be honest, she’s not sure she wants an answer about it. Maybe just a sympathetic ear from someone who might understand the loss, the struggle with toeing the line between self-preservation and bravery. Bravery without common sense is stupid and can lead to death, which is an utter waste of the second - no, third life she’s been given. But does this caution make her… less effective? Less of a leader? Can the few Ascended left even be lead?

Anyway. Maybe she’s just not ready to go yet, but the blonde woman has one more question inside her. “Are you enjoying freedom? What does it… mean, for you? As a deity?” Is she more powerful? How does she spend her time?

WESSEX
come, you spirits that tend on mortal thoughts
unsex me here

Messages In This Thread
like scar said, be prepared - by Wessex - 05-05-2019, 11:47 AM
RE: like scar said, be prepared - by the VOICE - 05-06-2019, 03:57 PM
RE: like scar said, be prepared - by Wessex - 05-06-2019, 08:32 PM
RE: like scar said, be prepared - by the VOICE - 05-07-2019, 06:51 PM
RE: like scar said, be prepared - by Wessex - 05-08-2019, 01:15 PM
RE: like scar said, be prepared - by the VOICE - 05-10-2019, 06:21 PM
RE: like scar said, be prepared - by Wessex - 05-19-2019, 09:30 AM
RE: like scar said, be prepared - by the VOICE - 05-21-2019, 07:04 PM