[seasonal event] it's an old scar
for Wessex
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith
General of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 47 | Height: 5'8'' | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 61 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 61 - Luck: 58 - Int: 2
LOKI - Mythical - Dragon (Energy Blast)
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
WESSEX
Some ended up here.

That certainly grabs her attention. “More than just you?” she blurts out, utterly unaware that Melita had any family here, let alone others that might have come from the same world. That concept in and of itself is rather hard for her to swallow sometimes; while Caido has magic and Gods and whatever the fuck she is, people from other worlds just creates an infinite amount of possibilties, dreams wrought in both hope and despair.

It make her feel very small at times, insignificant in the grand scheme of things, though the Lady tells her she is bright and has so much potential. Wessex is living during a perfect storm of events; a thousand firsts, each day unlike the one before it or any their world has likely ever seen, and while she knows the Outlanders were brought here to help them and her Lady, that very bitter part of her also wonders why it wasn’t possible for the Caidonites to do it themselves.

During Melita’s last bit of the story, Wessex has settled in the grass, cross-legged, leaning against the trunk of the tree. She looks down, picking at a clump of wildflowers to one side of her. She can’t help the scoff that falls out of her mouth, because it’s the first time anyone’s ever asked her that. There’s some irony in that, but she can’t be bothered to go looking for it, afraid of what she’ll find. “Nothing quite so heroic. I grew up here. Small family, devout, loving  mother and beautiful, kind sister. I always liked knives and fighting and had a lot of anger to deal with. Sometimes I think the people here tolerated me simply because of them.” A shrug. “Then my mother died and I started working just on a for-hire basis. That didn’t do me any favors but it kept food on the table. My sister died next. Finally, I came down with the symptoms and said fuck that, I’m not ready to die.”

Ah, there’s the irony, considering she died anyway, of her own stupidity. The only difference is that her earlier choice ensured her resurrection - reanimation - repair - and so in a way, it has been a double blessing. “So I chose to Ascend, shortly before you all came popping into Caido.”

And now here they are. Somewhere she never thought she'd be.
No, I’ll be the stone
I’ll be the hunter, a tower that casts the shade
I lie awake and watch it all

Messages In This Thread
[seasonal event] it's an old scar - by Melita - 05-27-2019, 12:28 AM
RE: [seasonal event] it's an old scar - by Wessex - 06-01-2019, 01:20 PM
RE: [seasonal event] it's an old scar - by Melita - 06-01-2019, 07:16 PM
RE: [seasonal event] it's an old scar - by Wessex - 06-10-2019, 08:20 PM
RE: [seasonal event] it's an old scar - by Melita - 06-10-2019, 11:24 PM
RE: [seasonal event] it's an old scar - by Wessex - 06-26-2019, 11:13 AM
RE: [seasonal event] it's an old scar - by Melita - 06-27-2019, 12:15 AM
RE: [seasonal event] it's an old scar - by Wessex - 07-08-2019, 12:58 PM