Mini Event building bridges
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Age: 30 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 5 - Strg: 49 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 52 - Luck: 49 - Int:
JYOTI - Mythical - Starwhale (Humpback)
Played by: shark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2580
AMALIA
Somehow returning to the Sidhe unsettles her, even though she knew it was the plan all along. There are countless small figures forming around the village, insect-winged and almond-eyed, inquisitive and unhappy by turn. Swallowing, the girl begins to unpack her wares, setting out the collection of now-cold pastries, scones and bread, rolls and cakes. Jyoti had fallen asleep in the cart; now she emerges, curious as ever, watching with interest as the humans work. Curious as ever, she is unafraid, singing sleepily as she lights on the baker's shoulder, her starlit presence a comfort the the anxious girl's disquiet mind.

At last they seem prepared as they will be, and Amalia turns to her assembled companions, waiting for them to speak. She too is surprised by the mention of Arduianna, her dark eyes glancing sharply at Ianto as she recalls his earlier reticence on the subject of the Fae. This is not the time for questions, however, and she watches as Remi announces next, his boyish voice a cheerful sound, reassuring in this slightly hostile place. Standing beside him, she reaches out to gently brush his hand, both comforting and seeking comfort before her fingers return to their place on her staff. Her knuckles are white as she grips it for comfort, the soft red glow of the luxere antlers not quiet enough to settle her mind- especially when a Fae speaks out, jeering and mocking the alchemist's offerings and setting the baker's teeth on edge.

Why can't they try? Licking her lips, Amalia speaks up, her alto voice slightly shaky as she addresses the crowd. "I... My name is Amalia, and I am a baker. I was raised in the Hollowed Grounds, and, ah... I brought bread. And other baked goods." Oh, this is going marvelously. Swallowing, Amalia smiles self-deprecatingly, wishing she could vanish back into the ground. Half because of a note of protest, and half because she is hopeful it will keep them from being killed, the girl then points to the starwhale and adds: "And, ah, this is Jyoti." A large part of her is terrified Delah will appear at any moment and hasten her away - or worse, throw her back in the pit.

Jyoti will make an excellent shield, should that inevitability come to pass.
I tend to avoid getting emotional
I'm not shutting you out
It's just the way I'm born
But I see myself next to you until we're old

Messages In This Thread
building bridges - by Ianto - 05-27-2019, 05:36 PM
RE: building bridges - by Remi - 05-27-2019, 06:09 PM
RE: building bridges - by Jiao - 05-28-2019, 09:39 PM
RE: building bridges - by Amalia - 05-29-2019, 03:33 AM
RE: building bridges - by Phoebe - 05-29-2019, 12:25 PM
RE: building bridges - by Remi - 05-31-2019, 05:31 PM
RE: building bridges - by Delah - 05-31-2019, 05:37 PM