A Different Sky
For MJ
Moses-Joel Perfetti

Age: 37 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship:
Level: 2 - Strg: 16 - Dext: 13 - Endr: 15 - Luck: 11 - Int:
Played by: Xove Offline
Change author:
MP: 0

There was a bit of hesitation in Moses' actions when Ronin stood to greet him. Should he salute? Should he address him as a fellow soldier? It seemed there was some tension stirring from Taliesin's end as well. Perfetti decided against saluting him, for the sake of the uncertain situation they were all in.

At the man's initial comment, Moses nodded in understanding. Such was the way of most, these days. The cold then swept through his long locks and he rolled his shoulders to procure some warmth. Yet the cold was not bitter, it didn't sting his skin or bite at his ears, his fingers. Instead, it felt sympathetic, leaving a hollowness in a white-hot chest. He was strung up with too much stress and too many emotions to properly register outside forces.

He was grateful when the other former Captain (an odd thing to think on) joined his side. He listened intently to his fellow soldier's words, not sure how to answer him in turn. He never liked putting his personal struggles above others, always finding himself a partaker in a collected tribulation than singular suffering. But at this point in time, he truly was one of a rarer situation. There were only a couple others who had embraced death, just to resurrect in this new world. So were their deaths pointless, or did they have a new calling?

"How am I doing?" The question reflected with a hint of dismay. "I'm not sure if that's something I can answer right now. But you have no idea how relieved I am to be with you all again. Even if the circumstances are, uhhh... inexplainable." He itched at his nose with a free hand, his gaze falling upon the place where a ring finger was missing. He still couldn't believe it was gone.

"What of you? I'm sure you're in just as much of a spiral as the rest of us. It can't be easy, especially after you had assumed my role." It felt odd of him to say that too. "But I thank you for your dedication in taking it up. To know that my fellow men were in good hands- I'm very grateful for you, Ronin."

Moses-Joel
Men of Honor are hard to Find

Messages In This Thread
A Different Sky - by Ronin - 11-09-2018, 07:50 PM
RE: A Different Sky - by Moses-Joel - 11-10-2018, 01:24 AM
RE: A Different Sky - by Ronin - 11-10-2018, 06:28 PM
RE: A Different Sky - by Moses-Joel - 11-12-2018, 01:44 PM