A Midsummer Night's Dance
for Virion
Jigano Silversmith
the Sage
Provost of the Loreseekers Soul Shepherd
Portal Guardian
Age: 36 | Height: 6'2" | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 30 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 38 - Luck: 42 - Int:
ISUMA - Mythical - Griffin (Venomous)
Played by: Cirago Offline
Change author:
MP: 5720
Excitement bubbled in the bard's veins at hearing that Virion was from beyond the Greatwood, the first person on Caido that he had met who could claim such. Questions queued up at the back of his tongue, eager for release as he sought answers to a hundred questions the other man's reply had spawned, but the way grey eyes slid away from his own, and the flat tone of voice as he spoke of 'harsh' living, warned Jigano not to press too hard too soon, as he once had with Remi.

No sooner had he come to that conclusion than Virion stated the obvious, earning a raised brow - more from amusement than gentle approbation, but the sense of it was there as the older man chastised the younger: "I am a lorekeeper and a Loreseeker, Virion. Asking questions and finding their answers are in my job description."

More barriers, more cages, and the wild part of the bard's heart bristled with the unfairness of it. Curious, though, that outlanders had appeared so far from the Spire. A failure in the Voice's machinations, or a separate prong of her attack? A question only She would know the answer to, but he doubted she would appreciate having answers demanded of her. Or even asked, by one who wasn't Ascended. So. Perhaps others could ask for him: Samuel, or Lucas, though he trusted the former far more than the latter.

Lucas he liked, but that wasn't the same as trust.

They danced and spun, feet moving and hands clapping with the others in the ring. Virion fell easily enough into the dance, but none of the joy of their fellow dancers seemed to reach his eyes, and his smile remained a rare and elusive creature. It was possible that Jigano had asked too much of the stranger, the bard thought with an internal wince. Not everyone enjoyed being dragged into the center of things, and his offer of a dance had been both forward and overbearing, leaving the wanderer from far away possibly unsure of how to refuse him.

As the dance slowed to a close, Jigano bowed to his companion and then shifted away to let another pair take their place on the line as the musicians began finding the notes for the next reel. "I would like nothing better," the bard chuckled, his smile wry. "But I'm due to take my turn with the musicians soon, so others can dance as we have tonight. Duty and pleasure both for a bard, but not without their price." His smile was bright and a little apologetic as he led them towards the tables and blankets where refreshments were laid out, free for the taking from hard-working bakers and cooks, brewers and mixers and humans and Fae alike, replenished as more arrived and dropped off their gifts of food and drink. "Come find me after my set, though, and I can introduce you around a little, if you'd like. Tomorrow or... perhaps the day after, when we've all had a chance to recover from the party," he corrected himself with a chuckle. "You can find me in the Atheneum, in the Loreseeker Guildhall, and I can write down your story, if you don't mind. Or I can find you, if you don't plan on coming into town," he offered politely, unsure if the dark-haired man was one of those who preferred the company of nature and the protection of trees over the company of people and the hewn stone of buildings. Some Attuned were like that, he'd found - himself not least among them when he'd first arrived!

Messages In This Thread
A Midsummer Night's Dance - by Jigano - 06-07-2019, 03:15 PM
RE: A Midsummer Night's Dance - by Virion - 06-07-2019, 04:09 PM
RE: A Midsummer Night's Dance - by Jigano - 06-07-2019, 04:33 PM
RE: A Midsummer Night's Dance - by Virion - 06-07-2019, 05:19 PM
RE: A Midsummer Night's Dance - by Jigano - 06-07-2019, 05:55 PM
RE: A Midsummer Night's Dance - by Virion - 06-07-2019, 07:26 PM
RE: A Midsummer Night's Dance - by Jigano - 06-08-2019, 12:25 AM
RE: A Midsummer Night's Dance - by Virion - 06-08-2019, 04:53 PM
RE: A Midsummer Night's Dance - by Jigano - 06-09-2019, 06:17 AM
RE: A Midsummer Night's Dance - by Virion - 06-09-2019, 08:11 PM
RE: A Midsummer Night's Dance - by Jigano - 06-09-2019, 08:42 PM