I’m shaking my head & locking the gates
Edrei Launceleyn
the Rapacious

Age: 28 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 6 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 21 - Luck: 5 - Int:
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Smirking, Edy raised an eyebrow at Beatrix. "Oh yeah? You're just sooooo clever aren't you?" The teenager said with a cackle. It actually was probably possible for someone to melt. Not like an ice cube or anything, but magic was magic, and though Edy's brand of it had nothing to do with anything quite so wishy-washy as changing the states of liquids, it was probably possible.

Glancing at Zariah, Edy was glad that Loren decided to field the question first. The younger of the adult Launceleyns had no idea who Jace was either, and as Loren said that he had no recollection, Edy nodded and shrugged in agreement. "I mean..I know things got a bit fuzzy.." Placing a hand on her hip, Edy frowned as she tried to recall. There was that bit about Koel of course, and then...just this sort of grey film. Sometimes she could see images in it, but it all seemed so far away. Like something she was trying to recall from a very, very long time ago. "But forgetting someone entirely?" Looking at Jace in Loren's arms, Edy stuck her tongue out playfully at the child, before looking back to Z with a confused twitch of her lips.

Then Loren began to speak.

I'm sorry, Edy.

Her heart dropped into her stomach, and immediately her teeth came together as she set her jaw so as not to let her lips wobble. He spoke, and though his voice didn't sound quite as curt as it had been only moments ago, it sounded all the more cold for it. They were in this new place, the family wasn't whole, and Loren wanted space. no, no, no, no, no, no, no!

Feeling her hands begin to tremble slightly, Edy clasped them behind her back, digging her finger nails deep into her palms and inviting the skin there to open. The pain was a happy distraction from the shadow that had taken up residence in her heart and was settling over her stomach as well. What could she do? She could promise never to hug him again, to never mention the afternoon they'd spent in her bed. She'd vow to respect his space, and to not mess up his things and to–

–Edy's mind raced frantically as she tried to worry through a list that might be sufficient to keep the librarian around. Surely there was something, some way of making him stay? Her bones felt like they were rattling in her body as the need to keep her family crescendoed in her bones. Edy might have all but gotten down onto her knees to beg Loren to reconsider, until a phrase caught her entirely off guard. It's nothing personal. Immediately Edy's eyes flared as did her nostrils as she looked with wide-eyed shock from Loren, to Zariah, then back again. "Apparently not." She snapped, her nose crinkling slightly with the beginnings of a snarl. "Because if it was personal you'd set aside whatever reasons you have and be with your family. How many times did you say family first, and you wanted to rebuild and make us strong again back in Northaven?" Then, realizing the error of that phrase, she raised a hand to halt the librarian from continuing (a few beads of blood sliding down her dark skin. "I don't want to hear about how you've put the family first in the past, or how you've been wounded or whatever it is. This is something new. We don't know where we are or how we got here. Half the family is missing, and the ones who did make it?" Glancing towards Jace, Edy's gaze softened for a moment before turning back towards Loren, "We don't even remember. But if it's nothing personal then by all means. Glad to know that while I've been getting our house ready you've been getting your priorities in order. "
Edrei Launceleyn
loveable & obnoxious

Messages In This Thread
RE: I’m shaking my head & locking the gates - by Edrei - 11-14-2018, 07:54 PM