On the Rocks
for Sascha
Jigano Silversmith
the Sage
Provost of the Loreseekers Soul Shepherd
Portal Guardian
Age: 36 | Height: 6'2" | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 30 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 38 - Luck: 42 - Int:
ISUMA - Mythical - Griffin (Venomous)
Played by: Cirago Offline
Change author:
MP: 5720
Naive, but well-meaning, he thought of the young man across from him. He seemed a sheltered sort, but he wasn't complaining about the strangeness of this new world, or afraid of the newness of it all. The bard thought the boy was more resilient than he looked, and would hopefully transition easily to life in Caido. "Mmm. I think that will be up to you," he admitted cautiously at the question. "Magic isn't hated or feared, but it can be a touchy subject to ask someone else about their magic if they're a Natural of this world. More of a matter of etiquette, really. All of the Outlanders I've met won't be surprised by it, and the naturals who have outlander friends are pretty accepting of it as well. And naturals who have magic will use their own magic if they need to. They just tend to be more... circumspect about it. Not flaunting it, the way some Outlanders do." His smile was a little sad as a gave a small shrug. "This is their world, not ours, so I find it works best to try and respect the ways of those who have allowed us to live among them, especially since it doesn't really do any harm to be more subtle with the use of such power."

There was enough of a problem with Outlanders trying to force their ways on the native-born people without making it worse, after all!

"Mmm. That reminds me, though, there is one type of magic that is openly accepted, even embraced here. Mages are born with their powers, without a choice in the matter, but the Attuned are people who have sought out the blessing of the Old Gods and have been gifted with the ability to turn into an animal - sometimes more than one," he explained, moving a chunk of stringy beef around his stew with his spoon as he spoke. "In my world the ability to change shape would have been seen as magic as well... but here it's something a little different, because of the source of the power."

Jigano was, admittedly, curious at the difficulty Sascha seemed to be having with his meal, but he politely kept his questions to himself. Who knew what people from other worlds were used to? Perhaps stew and bread were uncommon foods where he was from? But the bard did slow down how he was eating, making it easier for the newcomer to see what he was doing with his spoon and his own hunk of bread so that the young man could copy him if he wanted to. "A dangerous mindest to take, on my world... and on this one," he murmured at the other man's explanation. "Though many Outlanders here come from a place called Northhaven, where there were no gods at all. They found the ones here to be... quite unsettling at first, I believe. They still are, if I'm to be honest," he admitted with a chuckle. "Even for me. I'm used to bring able to draw upon divine power for certain types of magic, but not to be confronted by a god in the middle of my prayers!" He shook his head a little at the strangeness of it, though it was becoming familiar by now. And he had managed to stay on Ludo's good side in their interactions... so far.

"Be careful what you ask for, and who you ask for," Jigano agreed with a wry smile. "If you pray to a specific god, they might answer - or not. A little like cats with unimaginable divine power, they come when it suits them, not you. But if you don't pray to someone specific then any one of them might show up, and they might not answer your prayer in the manner you had wanted..." Or they might curse you, as had happened to his friend Rexanna. And to Remi. And to others... Gods were not wise to trifle with, not without a very good reason, that was for certain!

Messages In This Thread
On the Rocks - by Jigano - 06-11-2019, 05:56 PM
RE: On the Rocks - by Sascha - 06-11-2019, 06:53 PM
RE: On the Rocks - by Jigano - 06-11-2019, 07:14 PM
RE: On the Rocks - by Sascha - 06-11-2019, 07:46 PM
RE: On the Rocks - by Jigano - 06-11-2019, 08:07 PM
RE: On the Rocks - by Sascha - 06-11-2019, 08:45 PM
RE: On the Rocks - by Jigano - 06-11-2019, 09:00 PM
RE: On the Rocks - by Sascha - 06-12-2019, 12:36 PM
RE: On the Rocks - by Jigano - 06-12-2019, 07:35 PM
RE: On the Rocks - by Sascha - 06-13-2019, 02:42 PM
RE: On the Rocks - by Jigano - 06-13-2019, 03:37 PM