You Can’t Take Me
Kalt Ravenshire
Medic / Alchemist

Age: 38 | Height: 6’ 1” | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 3 - Strg: 9 - Dext: 24 - Endr: 12 - Luck: 6 - Int:
KYSMA - Mythical - Unicorn (Superspeed)
Played by: Sage Offline
Change author:
MP: 345
Kalt heard the difference in the footing and the unfortunate thud of her not calculating the movements that were correct for their little chase. He skidded to a stop, finding her as she looked up to find him. Crouching slightly, he slowly wagged his finger at her disapprovingly. Observation and calculation were important in this exercise, and she had just failed in that.

Without missing a beat, he was back in a sprint, though he felt his lungs start to burn at the extended run. The ruins were larger than he had first thought, especially when treated as such an obstacle course like they were doing.

He heard the crackling of lightning and grinned but didn’t look back. He knew her magic, knew it better than even she did in the beginning. He had been the one to urge it to the surface after all.

The lightning snapped ahead of him, rather than at him, and he came to a quick stop as the lightning created a fence directly in his path. His head whipped to either side, a feral snarl escaping from gritted teeth, as he glanced over his shoulder at her form approaching.

Not a fight, Ashe, he thought.

She clearly didn’t want him dead, otherwise she would have shot her lightning directly at him. No, this was a power play, and Kalt didn’t lose those. Ever.

He flashed her that wonderful smirk he knew that she loved so much, and then focused his energy on levitating large stones from around him. Kalt had faced destruction mages before, ones who really quite liked fighting with lightning, and though @Ashetta’s power was obviously much stronger and more concentrated, the concept was still the same. He might have to be a bit quicker than usual, however.

The stones created something of a makeshift roof over his body, and he sprinted full speed towards her energetic fence. The stones absorbed the electric shock and were unfortunately softer than he had anticipated, exploding and hurling shattered pieces in all directions, but he tumbled forward, narrowly avoiding the intense shock that would have been delivered by the lightning and the possible assault by flying rocks.

He didn’t turn back to see her reaction. It didn’t matter, wouldn’t change anything. All it would do is give him more satisfaction and more arrogance than this run needed. No, he was focused.

Kalt leaped off the side of the building, kicking off the opposite wall to slow his fall until he reached the ground, once again taking off in a sprint. He vaulted over a fallen pillar, not allowing himself to be tripped up by something he was so easily accustomed to.

Besides, he had to keep himself sharp in case the Assassin in Blue decided to throw any more surprises at him!

Messages In This Thread
You Can’t Take Me - by Kalt - 11-13-2018, 12:41 AM
RE: You Can’t Take Me - by Ashetta - 11-13-2018, 02:16 AM
RE: You Can’t Take Me - by Kalt - 11-13-2018, 03:05 AM
RE: You Can’t Take Me - by Ashetta - 11-13-2018, 04:03 AM
RE: You Can’t Take Me - by Kalt - 11-13-2018, 04:37 AM
RE: You Can’t Take Me - by Ashetta - 11-13-2018, 05:09 AM
RE: You Can’t Take Me - by Kalt - 11-13-2018, 05:39 AM
RE: You Can’t Take Me - by Ashetta - 11-13-2018, 06:20 AM
RE: You Can’t Take Me - by Kalt - 11-13-2018, 06:56 AM
RE: You Can’t Take Me - by Ashetta - 11-13-2018, 07:49 AM
RE: You Can’t Take Me - by Kalt - 11-13-2018, 08:56 AM