OPEN | Magical Mishaps
Arick Fonteneux

Age: 38 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 0 - Strg: 10 - Dext: 10 - Endr: 10 - Luck: 5 - Int:
Played by: Jyoppi Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Arick hoped his grunt hadn't alerted Sascha, as he hated having anyone worry about him, especially a stranger he just met. He already liked the young man standing in front of him. There seemed to be a connection between the two, though maybe it was just the excitement of meeting someone in this strange world. If Arik was completely honest with him, though, he really did want someone to help him, but Arik's overly considerate side prevented him from outright asking.

Seeing Sascha smile towards him was reassuring that at least it wasn't an issue to help the stranded witch; though, were there such things as witches here, or does everyone have magic? He hated speaking cryptically, but in his world you had to just to keep yourself from being vanquished by any force of evil, and evil knew how to masquerade as forces of good to trick many good-hearted individuals into either giving up their powers, their lives, or both.

As Sascha explained more directly where he was from, more so than Arick, Arick's eyes lightened up with a flurry of happiness, it was as though he just met a long lost sibling. Before he could really respond and open up more to Sascha, though, his attention turned to his leg, now noticeably a tad more painful. He must have injured himself worse than he thought, though it was odd the pain just now started. Arick started thinking, realizing he made a noticeable expression of pain "I really should have been more subtle...I don't want him worrying.

Before Arick could brush it off as just a slight discomfort that he could walk off, though, he watched as the young man sit down on his knees, seemingly investigating it like a nurse. It intrigued Arick just due to the fact it was someone he just met who acted like a friend wanting to make sure their friend was alright. Quite noble, Arick thought.

In the next moment, Arick then watched as the young man's palms lit up brightly with such a pure light and the twinge of pain was now completely gone.

His mind exploded, "Is he a whitelighter?!"

Though trying to put on more of a poker face to not arouse concern, Arik failed miserably and a mixture of excitement, bewilderment and confusion sprung out, almost in a comical expression, and he jumped back on his heels in shock. Though when he looked at Sascha smiling, he felt bad for appearing to show a negative reaction and tried to change the expression to more of a calm appreciation, though right now he was still failing miserably.

He stood in one spot, his mind still exploding with every emotion on the spectrum, not anger though, just everything else. He allowed himself to listen to what was being said to him, though at this moment he was still fixated on the healing power that manifested just moments ago.

Trying to gather his words he stumbled out, "Wait, you," he paused for a moment, "You can use magic?" He couldn't believe it. He had only been in this new world for what felt like just minutes, maybe an hour or so, but he already felt less alone just knowing someone else would understand him, or at least to an extent; after all, how much can someone fully relate to someone who's from another century? Oh well, at least they were from the same universe. Sort of.

He continued, "In my world, that power is possessed only by beings who are on the side of the greater good." Just the one humble act by Sascha was enough for Arik in his heart to know he could trust him. Nobody who heals could have evil intentions.

"Oh, and, um," he cleared his throat and regained his composure a little bit more, walking closer to Sascha who was holding out some food for Arik; such an act of kindness from a stranger was rare to find in his world, sadly.

He hadn't realized he must have spent a lot of energy going through that portal as before he could respond back, his stomach vocalized its hunger before Arik could. He blushed slightly and said, "Well, apparently so," chuckling nervously and gladly taking the parcel from Sascha.

As Arick began to look what was inside, he noticed a small area nearby that looked like it was a good place to relax for a few minutes and get his bearings, plus he wanted to get to know Sascha more. He felt drawn to the young man, but maybe that was more his own weakness for asian men. Or maybe it was thinking he may have met another magical being. Either way, it was a plus for him.

"Hey, um, if you want we could go sit over there," he pointed at the area nearby behind Sascha, "And I could tell you more about where I come from. To be honest, I'm also from earth, but the 21st century. Plus I seriously need to eat something before I think about walking anymore."

Arick was never that great at flirting, he was always awkward. He just preferred to just talk to people. He actually hoped he could display his power to Sascha, but from where he came from he knew it was always best to save magic for when you need it. Act then, explain later if needed.

Messages In This Thread
OPEN | Magical Mishaps - by Arick - 06-20-2019, 06:47 PM
RE: OPEN | Magical Mishaps - by Sascha - 06-20-2019, 07:18 PM
RE: OPEN | Magical Mishaps - by Arick - 06-20-2019, 10:34 PM
RE: OPEN | Magical Mishaps - by Sascha - 06-20-2019, 11:13 PM
RE: OPEN | Magical Mishaps - by Arick - 06-21-2019, 12:22 AM
RE: OPEN | Magical Mishaps - by Sascha - 06-22-2019, 04:43 PM
RE: OPEN | Magical Mishaps - by Arick - 06-23-2019, 12:08 AM
RE: OPEN | Magical Mishaps - by Sascha - 06-23-2019, 12:51 AM
RE: OPEN | Magical Mishaps - by Arick - 06-23-2019, 02:30 AM
RE: OPEN | Magical Mishaps - by Sascha - 06-23-2019, 09:36 PM
RE: OPEN | Magical Mishaps - by Arick - 06-24-2019, 01:26 AM