OPEN | Magical Mishaps
Arick Fonteneux

Age: 38 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 0 - Strg: 10 - Dext: 10 - Endr: 10 - Luck: 5 - Int:
Played by: Jyoppi Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
An unfortunate side of Arick is that he can, at times, overreact to situations. Though, to be fair, he just saw magic being used in this both alien and familiar world. Seeing Sascha briefly display a bewilderment to his reaction helped to bring him back to being calm and collected, which is what partly caused him to ask about sitting down for a few minutes. That, and being surprisingly famished.

Arick hoped Sascha would want to sit down. Walking and talking was alright, but he really wanted to get to know Sascha. It felt nice meeting someone who, like Arick, had a good heart deep down and meant no harm to anyone. Though, in Arick's world, he often had to go in public with a very cold, stoic demeanor that many mistook for being a mean or malicious person. Maybe that's why relationships didn't work for Arick. That and the whole, [i]"Hey! I'm a witch!" thing. Not many mortals reacted well, and he had to learn the hard way it often required their memory of that event to be erased.

Seeing Sascha smile brightly reassured Arick even more of his ability to trust the young man. Hearing him tell Arick how his power was seen as witchcraft made him audibly chuckle for a brief moment, and he said in passing, "Been there!"

To Arick, Sascha was already becoming a fast friend to him. After Sascha's comment, Arick playfully winked at the young man, who was already noticeably blushing. He was happy that the two could sit down and get to know each other, now that it was apparent they were definitely in a strange world.

Hesitant to reveal too much, though shortly realizing at this point it won't really affect anything, Arick took a moment to try and form together how to explain the future.

As his mind began organizing the best explanation, Arick simply said to Sascha, "Come, let's sit down and I'll tell you everything about me." He ended it with a happy tone, walking briskly to the place which was really maybe 30-40 feet ahead of the pair. A couple of rocks jutting from the ground provided a good place to sit down, and the skies above were clear enough to at least be a pleasant day. As Arick began to get himself situated on the two rocks, he watched as Sascha chose to sit down on a piece of a fallen tree. Even in this world some things still looked familiar.

Clearing his throat again, Arick sat down on the grass at the foot of the rock, leaning back against the stone. He bent his right knee and let his left knee stretch out as he relaxed his posture, allowing the beads of sweat to show on his chest, now having to unbutton the third button, revealing his undershirt (more like a tank top). He looked around for a moment at his surroundings, making sure the two were alone and not being watched, and he proceeded to open the parcel of food the young man (witch? whitelighter? neither?), gave him just a few moments earlier, though he really just wanted to talk. Although the shade did help to dampen the effects of the heat, he still knew air conditioning would be one of the first things he'd miss about the century he was from.

"Let's see, where to begin." He took a few moments to carefully choose how to start. There was a lot he wanted to say, but he knew he needed to restrain himself.

Clicking his tongue a few moments, Arick began, "Well, the world definitely would look a lot different from your time. China is currently one of the major world powers, and," he decided to steer away from current events and wanted to focus more on the magical side.

He continued, "Well, let's just say we have moved past horses and can now travel much faster. To be honest, the last thing I remember was my twin brothers and myself standing in a triangle formation. In our world, we're the grandsons of the most powerful forces of good the world ever knew, forces powerful enough to vanquish the source of all evil, multiple times over," he took a moment to look directly at Sascha and said, "I'll explain that later," in a more passing tone and continued without taking another pause, "In my world, that power you used to heal my leg is normally used by beings we call Whitelighters, guardians of witches essentially. Usually they'd just teleport us out if we were in danger, but I don't imagine you can do that."

He playfully winked and stuck his tongue out. He cleared his throat again and continued once more, "My brothers and I were.." his mind drew a blank. It was as though the very memory literally was deleted out of his brain, as before he could tell Sascha what happened moments before the portal opened, he forgot what he was going to say.

"Um," he swallowed. "Weird. I...can't remember." He darted his eyes back and forth for a second. "Guess I'll tell you later. But anyways," he shook his head and brushed off the thought. He wanted to tell Sascha about his power. But in his mind he kept wondering if it was possible they could still be someone who secretly had ill intentions. He chose to keep silent about that for now, at least until he knew how Sascha reacted.

He nervously chuckled and smiled at Sascha, "How about you? I'd love to hear where you've been all my life." He winked and grinned playfully at Sascha, realizing he probably should hold off on the playfulness. He quickly learned in his time that sometimes that backfired really fast.

Messages In This Thread
OPEN | Magical Mishaps - by Arick - 06-20-2019, 06:47 PM
RE: OPEN | Magical Mishaps - by Sascha - 06-20-2019, 07:18 PM
RE: OPEN | Magical Mishaps - by Arick - 06-20-2019, 10:34 PM
RE: OPEN | Magical Mishaps - by Sascha - 06-20-2019, 11:13 PM
RE: OPEN | Magical Mishaps - by Arick - 06-21-2019, 12:22 AM
RE: OPEN | Magical Mishaps - by Sascha - 06-22-2019, 04:43 PM
RE: OPEN | Magical Mishaps - by Arick - 06-23-2019, 12:08 AM
RE: OPEN | Magical Mishaps - by Sascha - 06-23-2019, 12:51 AM
RE: OPEN | Magical Mishaps - by Arick - 06-23-2019, 02:30 AM
RE: OPEN | Magical Mishaps - by Sascha - 06-23-2019, 09:36 PM
RE: OPEN | Magical Mishaps - by Arick - 06-24-2019, 01:26 AM