OPEN | Magical Mishaps
Arick Fonteneux

Age: 38 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 0 - Strg: 10 - Dext: 10 - Endr: 10 - Luck: 5 - Int:
Played by: Jyoppi Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Though he was normally bad at showing how he liked someone, so far seeing Sascha blush again when he winked was a good sign. Good, that meant that he wasn't being a creep. What drew him so much to Sascha he really couldn't pinpoint, though perhaps it was partly due to a part of him wanting to protect someone so pure hearted. Usually he was used to such individuals being targets of the Source, though that was probably null and void now.

After feeling good that Sascha accepted his flirtatious advances, Arick sat back and listened to Sascha talk about his past. It was so surreal. They both lived but centuries apart, yet were having a conversation with each other. And both displayed magical abilities that would normally get them in a lot of trouble and danger, up to their lives being at risk for their power being seen by the wrong person.

Arick smiled and showed a caring expression as Sascha kept sharing about their family, their life in the forest as a carpenter, and falling into the portal. It hurt deep down that he probably wouldn't be able to return home. That meant he would never get to see anyone from his time, ever again. A tear swelled up and escaped his left eye, and Arick quickly tried to wipe it away, hoping he could just brush it off as dust or a bug.

Internally, he was upset and his mind began to wonder, "Adam....Alistair....I love you guys..."

His mind kept attempting to focus on Sascha as the reality of this being his new home settled in, though truthfully he just wanted to cry. No way back home? Not even magic can open the portal again? In his world, except for someone dead, magic could solve most issues, but the catch was making sure it was never for personal gain, or there would be serious consequences. But maybe in this world, Arick could just learn how to tap into the source of whatever magic this is in this world, even though already it appeared it was very similar to the magic from his world. Then again, maybe that healing power is just a universal one. Either way, Arick wanted to figure a way to get back home.

He took a few moments to wait to answer Sascha, he didn't want to choke on his own throat, feeling the emotions trying to come up. He managed to fight back tears as to not appear like anything was wrong, though he wasn't sure how much longer he could manage.

Nevertheless, he formed together the words to answer Sascha's question, and said in a somber, distant tone, "Well, truthfully I think we were attempting some spell that clearly required the power of three, but the portal was more an unintended consequence, I'm guessing, but honestly," he paused for a moment, "I don't remember much for some reason. I just..." Tears began to form in his eyes that he couldn't hold off. He tried to wipe them away quickly and then struggled, but continued, "I just hope," his voice cracked slightly, "I just hope my brothers are ok." he took a big breath in an attempt to bury the emotions so he wouldn't burden his new friend with his problems.

Sascha's question, though, broke his outer shell.

"You okay?"

In that moment, Arick lowered his head, keeping his eyes out of view. Memories of his childhood and life up until the portal flooded his head. The question asked was ironic, no he wasn't okay. Not anymore. When he arrived, he just assumed he could figure out a way and he'd go back home. Granted, maybe there really was and they would figure out how to open it back up, but hearing that someone new here was already told it wasn't possible caused a surge of emotions he hadn't truly felt in a long time. He hoped maybe he was, once again, overreacting, and he'd be able to return home some day. Maybe even to the same moment he left.

Tears began to stain his jeans in spots. He felt really awkward now. One moment he's flirting with the guy. The next? Breaking down emotionally. Arick's definitely had a long day....

His shoulders shook up and down as the tears started to stream down his face, dropping off his chin. A silent cry, it was, though he could feel like his sadness was becoming greater. Could this be a dream, and he just can't wake up? He usually tried to be the role of the strong, successful type, stoic, almost emotionless. Obviously none of that mattered anymore.

Through the tears, he gasped and said in a raspy tone, "I'm sorry..I don't know where this came from.." and buried his head in his arms, drawing his knees to his chest.

Through a muffled, nearly muted voice, Arick pleaded, "There's...got to be a way, don't you think?" Deep down, he knew there most likely wasn't, as this wasn't something he ever experienced before. He's gone to other points in time, other universes, but those were with spells and had a limited time use, so at the end they ended up back in their time and almost the same moment they left. He never had to get thrown through a portal that randomly showed up. Portals sure are tricky things...

Messages In This Thread
OPEN | Magical Mishaps - by Arick - 06-20-2019, 06:47 PM
RE: OPEN | Magical Mishaps - by Sascha - 06-20-2019, 07:18 PM
RE: OPEN | Magical Mishaps - by Arick - 06-20-2019, 10:34 PM
RE: OPEN | Magical Mishaps - by Sascha - 06-20-2019, 11:13 PM
RE: OPEN | Magical Mishaps - by Arick - 06-21-2019, 12:22 AM
RE: OPEN | Magical Mishaps - by Sascha - 06-22-2019, 04:43 PM
RE: OPEN | Magical Mishaps - by Arick - 06-23-2019, 12:08 AM
RE: OPEN | Magical Mishaps - by Sascha - 06-23-2019, 12:51 AM
RE: OPEN | Magical Mishaps - by Arick - 06-23-2019, 02:30 AM
RE: OPEN | Magical Mishaps - by Sascha - 06-23-2019, 09:36 PM
RE: OPEN | Magical Mishaps - by Arick - 06-24-2019, 01:26 AM