cut out all the ropes and let me fall
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 5 - Strg: 49 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 52 - Luck: 49 - Int:
JYOTI - Mythical - Starwhale (Humpback)
Played by: shark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2580
Amalia
I took the stars from our eyes and I made a map
I knew that somehow I could find my way back
Nobody answers her appeal, and Amalia cannot help the rock of disappointment in her belly, the heaviness it leaves instead of relieves. Closing her eyes, the girl sighs, palms falling onto the earth beside her, head falling closer to her chest. "Please," she whispers once again, fighting tears and impotence, afraid of what the future holds. Any sign or reassurance, anything more than silence would do. Are they really so small to them, so insignificant; is the rise of magic users so prosaic to the gods who once fought such a thing?

No, she mustn't think like that- but oh, sometimes it's hard.  

At least she is not alone in her plight. A leopard's ear flicks back at the sound of Kiada, the presence of the harpy not unwelcome, affection swelling in her heart. Still she lingers on her knees, not yet willing to face the others, to demonstrate her impotence, her abandoned nature in the eyes of her god. Oh, but she rallies, as ever she does, inhaling deeply, swallowing her pain. They rely on her, as she does on them: she cannot be weak when the world is crumbling, cannot leave them behind while she drowns. Shaking her head, Amalia smiles, her alto voice back, fighting to hide the fear. "They know," she answers honestly, turning dark eyes to the sky. "They have faith in us, like we do in them."

As she says it she finds herself believing her own words, finding solace in the reassurance, bolstered by her faith. And so she finds solace in being here: surrounded by nature in the hallowed hall of gods, with loved ones at her side, her back, support built here on earth. Rising, she turns back to the pair, appreciative and affectionate, glad that she is not alone. Reaching forward, she sets he hand on the girl's shoulder, squeezing reassuringly while looking past to meet Deimos' gaze. "If we need the gods they will come. But I don't think we will. We are strong: stronger than Zariah, because we have each other."
Then I heard your heart beating,
you were in the darkness too
So I stayed in the darkness with you

Messages In This Thread
cut out all the ropes and let me fall - by Amalia - 06-21-2019, 12:36 AM
RE: cut out all the ropes and let me fall - by Amalia - 06-23-2019, 02:48 AM