let’s make a deal
Rexanna De Rosieres
the Penumbra
Queen of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 34 | Height: 5'4" | Race: Ascended x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 4 Abandoned (Level 3 Ascended) - Strg: 19 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 9 - Int:
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
REXANNA
in the haze of hell i have dreamt
that you'd lift this wing and see,
that you are my first wound —
If Rexanna could hear Zariah’s thoughts on the matter, she would pity the Queen. For far too long the woman has spent focusing on the future and prosperity, of keeping the peace and ruling the nations; but none of it mattered. Power is fleeting, it comes and goes like the ebb and flow of the ocean; and when it’s gone what good was it to have spent the years focusing on a future that wouldn’t happen? Upon her entry to Caido, she vowed to herself to change — to not be afraid of not planning the future, and so many wonderful things had happened since then. From that day until now, Rexanna has decided that focusing on the day by day worked the best in her favor.

But she doesn’t hear the Queen’s thoughts; instead only has her own (in a sense) and the words that Zariah mentions in an undying oath bound by magic; and for a moment she’s partially frightened by it, but she realizes that magical oaths here are different from those back home — and with the things gifted to her and cursed upon her only to be taken back and rewarded (granted by a divine interference of course) she isn’t afraid any longer. She silently prays that Frey forgives her for falling into the same trap, for sacrificing herself for another; but she hopes this time its worth it. And so, inhaling deeply Rexanna kneels and bows her head — reverting to the servant she once was (a servant elevated to princess, and to queen for a time, she wonders if Zariahs reign will end as hers did) and she begins to swear the oath.

I, Rexanna Reyes of Halyven, promise on my faith that I will be faithful to my Queen, Zariah Launceleyn, and all those within her reign; I promise to never cause her harm, to serve the Crown to the best of my ability in good faith and without deceit.” It feels almost recited, the way it falls from her tongue. In another world, another life, she had sworn it to another tyrant. She hopes this ends better than that for her. She remains knelt on the floor, head bowed until Zariah tells her to stand. There’s nothing else she can do now other than wait.
and that long ago,
in some distant past, with open eyes
i kissed you till it bled.

Messages In This Thread
let’s make a deal - by Rexanna - 06-24-2019, 07:51 PM
RE: let’s make a deal - by Zariah - 06-24-2019, 08:50 PM
RE: let’s make a deal - by Rexanna - 06-25-2019, 06:11 AM
RE: let’s make a deal - by Zariah - 06-25-2019, 12:29 PM
RE: let’s make a deal - by Rexanna - 06-25-2019, 11:59 PM
RE: let’s make a deal - by Zariah - 06-26-2019, 12:51 AM
RE: let’s make a deal - by Rexanna - 06-26-2019, 05:22 AM
RE: let’s make a deal - by Zariah - 06-26-2019, 03:32 PM