Mini Event Greet Your Queen
Zariah Launceleyn
the Merciless
Grand Sorceress of the Arcane Academy

Age: 33 | Height: 5'7" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 7 - Strg: 10 - Dext: 23 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 10 - Int:
Played by: Grant Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
ZARIAH
I don't give a damn 'bout my bad reputation
Zariah remained quietly for quite some time. She simply watched and listened as the din in the temple grew to a fever pitch. Edrei and some Alice woman having it out, a few others in attendance voicing support, only to be once again shouted over by dissenters, including Jigano. It was the sort of chaos that was the bane of her existence, the sort of uncontrolled, untampered, undisciplined childishness that ran rampant through the Hollowed Grounds like pigs looking to root for scraps through their own shit. It was repulsive and stank so strongly even the Fae wished nothing to do with them. And yet, these pigs were so accustomed to the smell of their own refuse they sloshed through it without hardly a thought.

But order would be had in the court of the Merciless.

”Enough.” she said, her voice booming and echoing over the crowd. She wasn’t yelling, so much as projecting her voice, chin tilted up so it carried through the room without the need of her to strain her voice. Instead, her tone held the resolute command of one whose very person exuded control and power. It was the voice of a leader, with the hint of disappointed of a mother quieting squabbling children. She remained ever calm in appearance, but those closest to her might see the fire burning I her gaze. In years past, Zariah would have snapped much earlier, and even now, as her patience dwindled, she did not yet break. ”We will not be reduced to a bickering flock of hens, for it accomplishes nothing.”

Wide hazel eyes fell on Jigano, predatory and focused. ”You’ve quite a lot to say, Jigano. I hope you will indulge me as I attempt to answer and clarify.” she stated, lips slightly pursed. ”I did indeed ask for questions and candor and concern – and what I received by and large, yourself included, was not intended to add richness to the content of discussion to better this place, nor to give me your ideas or wants or wishes for what the Hollowed Grounds becomes, but instead, your personal complaints about the injustices of my rule. My leadership of the Hollowed Grounds is not a subject for debate – it is a reality that you’d be better off accepting sooner rather than later so you can find some way to exist without constant bitterness in your soul.” she said with an air of finality.

”Now, to address some of your points; I have stolen nothing from Maea. She never completed her arrangement of power. Her court never came to fruition. It was never a viable government. I have made my court a reality. My leadership and government are viable. I have taken the seat that no one before me has claimed. This is a pure, simple, fact, Jigano; stop attempting to twist history to favor your ideals when it simply does not.

“To reiterate, since you clearly did not understand when I answered Ronin in regards to the military, there shall be two main contingents, the standing military, and the minute ready force. The standing military will consist of those who currently have similar guarding or mercenary-like professions or did in their homelands or those who wish to make that their profession. The minute ready force will consist of those whose actual jobs take up the majority of their time, but will now have the training necessary to fight and defend the Grounds should thread come. It is this force that will have farmers and merchants and others whose work day to day sustains the people of the Grounds. Their training will not take up all or even most of their time – because as you said, it is harvest time and I am actually aware of the importance of this time for the sustainability of this nation.

“As far as who will train them, yes, more than likely Outlanders will bear that burden to start. But I do not doubt the capabilities of the Natural population. I am sure there are those who will have a knack for picking up this information – and those of talent will be awarded promotion. I personally will see to some of the training having been raised for military leadership since I was but five years of age. Edrei has similar training and she will also assist in this. I would also call upon Ronin for his years of experience. That is for the standing military who need to be in top form. For the minute infantry, should he wish it I would have actually considered giving Rory an intensive course of training since he clearly has a knack for leading groups of people given the gathering he inspired at the spire. If not I would find someone with similar capabilities, but in any more detail than that I can answer nothing until I’ve had the chance to assess what exactly it is we are working with skill and talent-wise.

“Regarding my so-called fortress – I am not certain you understand what a fortress is. A fortress is a heavily guarded, near impenetrable structure built for the purposes of surviving warfare. The Launceleyn Manor, is mine and my family’s personal residence. On occasion, yes there might be a supporter or two of mine to ensure that people make their way to the meeting room with ease, to make sure that I am aware of when guests arrive to take audience with me, but the walls are no different from the walls of this building. There is not a battalion of guards stalking the halls and grounds. It is a house, where I conduct the business of the Hollowed Grounds so as not to remove another structure from the use of the general population.

“And on that note, let me clarify exactly what I have done in this place and for its people, and clarify a few falsehoods you are spouting about the events of the Spire. I was one of the individuals who assisted Remi with testing the strength of the barrier – I believe you were actually in attendance that day, writing notes? I have, with my family, sought out and killed a bogart in the Labyrinth, dispatching a dangerous creature from these lands. I have already begun acts of diplomacy with the Fae, who I will note hold very little affection for the people of the Hollowed Grounds from a historical standpoint as well as from current infringement upon their sovereignty.

“And, to add in the events of the Spire, I shall expound for you, because now the two points are inextricably linked. I did not siege upon the Spire against the wishes of those native to this land. The Spire itself was opened by a group of Ascended, consisting of mostly Naturals and led by none other than Wessex who has been nominated as a representative that breached the Spire. I did, as did you, enter the Spire and I lent my powers to those who went up it. You speak of 108 who sacrificed themselves for their goddess – a sacrifice they could not have made if I had not first willingly stepped forward as sacrifice to Mort, so that all who followed – including 108 – could ascend the Spire freely and without harm. And for it, I received Mort’s blessing.

“Just because I have not been the center of your attention, Jigano, does not mean I have done nothing for the people of the Hollowed Grounds.”

The room fell silent as the Queen, still standing tall and proud too fell silent, eyes never leaving the white haired man. Even then she stared, ignoring the quiet muttering as people whispered about what she declared. Finally she looked away from the bard, scanning the room again, face only slightly conveying her frustration with the firm set of her lips. ”I offered to take a Natural advisor, and only two of you offered suggestions. Thank you.” she said, nodding to Deimos and Rory. ”But it seems this is not what the majority wanted, for the loudest voices spat upon it as placation. So I rescind this offer for the time being, as it clearly will do nothing to build bridges. If you have thoughts about things I might implement to improve the Hollowed Grounds, and your lives here, I would be welcome to hear it. But for now, this meeting is adjourned.”

The ME is concluded per order of the Queen. She has revoked the offer for representative advisors, so Rexanna will not receive appointed title at this time. If you wish to have further dialogue with the Queen, please DM Grant to set up a thread.

Messages In This Thread
Greet Your Queen - by Zariah - 07-05-2019, 02:31 AM
RE: Greet Your Queen - by Edrei - 07-05-2019, 02:37 AM
RE: Greet Your Queen - by Peter - 07-05-2019, 05:48 AM
RE: Greet Your Queen - by Rexanna - 07-05-2019, 03:34 PM
RE: Greet Your Queen - by Emmett - 07-05-2019, 09:43 PM
RE: Greet Your Queen - by Bastien - 07-05-2019, 09:48 PM
RE: Greet Your Queen - by Deimos - 07-05-2019, 10:19 PM
RE: Greet Your Queen - by Amalia - 07-06-2019, 03:10 PM
RE: Greet Your Queen - by Ronin - 07-06-2019, 03:32 PM
RE: Greet Your Queen - by Jigano - 07-06-2019, 03:41 PM
RE: Greet Your Queen - by NPC - 07-06-2019, 04:02 PM