Betwixt My Heart and Mind
Roana Steadman
Soldier

Age: 35 | Height: 5'8" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 6 - Strg: 24 - Dext: 26 - Endr: 24 - Luck: 11 - Int:
Played by: Grant Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
The former captain spun her new ring lazily on her finger, the sensation of its presence on her hand new and mildy distracting. However, it was not so odd a sensation as the lack of a ring on the finger next to it, the beautiful dimond studded band that once marked her a married woman now absent from her person. Many things weighed on Roana's mind, and the Bone Bridge seemed as peaceful a place as any to walk and brood.

Brahm was neither dead nor present in Caido. He existed elsewhere, beyond her reach. Though her vows were til death do us part, they could not have forseen their reality, that worlds and dimensions parted them with an echoing finality. Her heart would always ache for him. He was her first love, a true love, one she knew she could never replace, but also one she could not continue to foster. He was now her past, and could not carry with her into the future. She mourned his loss silently, his absence a gaping hole that she would carry with her always.

But as the heart is known to do, a new fire had ignited in heart. She had long ignored its presence, but with the reality of Brahm's loss unavoidable, so too was it impossible to ignore it. Roana had not anticipated that she would fall victim to Ronin's charms, but as she leaned against the handrail of the bridge, staring down into the misty gorge below, it seemed to make perfect sense. Ronin was her best friend in this world, one who did not cease his kindness towards her in the face of her mistakes, nor did he pity her so as to not push her to do better, achieve more. He proved himself a good father too, in the care of his own precious daughter, and his good spirited interactions with her sons. Where she was measured and disciplined, he was wild and adventerous. Where she was cautious he was reckless, where she was weak he was strong. They balanced eachother in perfect natural harmony...that her soul ached to call him hers should have been no surprise.

And yet she wondered if it was worth pursuing. So much could go wrong in such a pursuit. She could lose her dearest friend and confidante in trying to get what she selfishly wanted. A small frown curved her lips as she stared into the misty abyss, feeling more unsettled than ever with the answers to what she sought.
Roana
You don't own me
Don't try to change me in any way
You don't own me
Don't tie me down cause I'd never stay

Messages In This Thread
Betwixt My Heart and Mind - by Roana - 07-06-2019, 04:56 PM
RE: Betwixt My Heart and Mind - by Ronin - 07-06-2019, 05:47 PM
RE: Betwixt My Heart and Mind - by Roana - 07-08-2019, 12:18 PM
RE: Betwixt My Heart and Mind - by Ronin - 07-08-2019, 06:55 PM
RE: Betwixt My Heart and Mind - by Roana - 07-09-2019, 07:53 PM
RE: Betwixt My Heart and Mind - by Ronin - 07-10-2019, 03:35 PM