how long will you scream at the walls
Rexanna De Rosieres
the Penumbra
Queen of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 34 | Height: 5'4" | Race: Ascended x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 4 Abandoned (Level 3 Ascended) - Strg: 19 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 9 - Int:
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
REXANNA
you don't get to die and be reborn the same.
you come back,
Her gaze lingers on one of her oldest, most unique friends, as he pauses and takes the object she gives to him. She wants to see his reaction, wants to see him enjoy the briefest of memories even if they hadn’t directly lived those lives they crave – the comforts and power that came with them. They were something there, vital parts to making things work, and work it had. Here, at least Rexanna felt as though she was on the wrong side of the war, watching as it raged below her unable to do anything against it.

His voice grows quiet then, and he asks her if she misses it. Her gaze drops toward the snowflake, edges sharp as a blade and weighted easily for throwing. Yes she wants to say, she wants to scream it to the world, to slip out of this world and rewrite her history there to make things better – perhaps Kiada might not look at her with such anger and dismay. Perhaps she might have been a great mother. But she’ll never know, and with the plans in her mind, she realizes that she might never find out. Sometimes there are things you need to come to terms with.

He refers to the Basin, and she nods, a soft sigh escaping through her lips as she lifts her gaze toward his own icy ones. “I miss it so much.” She offers quietly, a hint of a sorrowful smile playing on her lips. “I would have done things so much differently, but I can’t change what happened there. I can only be better here.” She admits, though the path she’s walking rides the line incredibly hard. She hopes Deimos can see that she’s making an effort, trying her best to be on the good side of it all. And while her heart is good, her intentions are good, things never really went according to plan for them.

Raising her gaze to him as he questions how much larger she can make them, she shakes her head with a small shrug. “I don’t think much bigger.” She admits with a sad smile. “It feels different than my firework magic that I can make in varying sizes, I can feel the well of power of the magic. When I try to pull at it, I can pull more out of it to make a bigger firework… And well, this, it feels all the same.” She says quietly, following his instruction and spreading her hands before her until the red glow begins again, and she makes something reminiscent of a brooch – but within it, mountains arise and a slightly color changing hue above the mountains, wavy and beautiful. The Aurora.
but you come back wrong
this is the price
you pay for
resurrection

Messages In This Thread
how long will you scream at the walls - by Deimos - 07-07-2019, 12:51 AM
RE: how long will you scream at the walls - by Rexanna - 07-24-2019, 06:05 PM