Do you believe that you can walk on water?
Messenger

Age: 28 | Height: 5'0" | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 7 (lvl 3 Attuned) - Strg: 10 - Dext: 27 - Endr: 19 - Luck: 14 - Int:
PERCY - Mythical - Unicorn (Superspeed) SOOT - Regular - Wine Spider
Played by: Jaecarys Offline
Change author:
MP: 150

Ashetta had passed by the place a few times now. She didn’t feel any particular sort o reverence to the place, not the temple itself nor the shrine within. Why should she? The gods of her world were dead and forgotten long ago, and the gods she’d heard whisper of here were certainly not hers. One of the only reason the assassin frequented the temple and its stunning architecture was for the tavern below, run by her mother. That… and she hadn’t seen a building so beautiful since Northwind. It tugged at threads of memories, the few fond feelings from her life in that twisted kingdom.

She padded through the utterly silent temple, illuminated by scattered candles and the silver light of the late night pouring through vaulted windows. Her claws clicking on marble echoed into the air, and the wolf had her golden eyes set upon her goal for the evening. The shrine kept catching her attention, her ear turning towards it whenever she trot by. She could never decide if the prickles up her spine were malcontent or her ever present need to know more. Gods, deities… she had encountered one, once, and she it hadn’t been pleasant. Ashe had endured what had felt like years of insanity for the wretched Grey Lady, and had decided upon coming face to face with the fickle and cruel being that she hated her. It had been nothing short of infuriating and terrifying in equal parts to be toyed with. She still supported the brand over the top of her hand from that. To say that she was weary of coming into contact with any more higher powers would have been an understatement.

So naturally, that meant she needed to investigate and figure out just what the fuck she might find herself dealing with one day.

The black wolf finally stopped before the shrine. Her pelt prickled and bristled over her neck, but she kept her ears forward and remained entirely still - silent. Her eyes were sharp and glimmering with the soft glow of candlelight as she gazed upon the display, some kind of offering or meeting place or bridge to whatever lay beyond the curtain of this world. Were the the gods of all worlds the same? Did the religions that faded from Northwind find themselves here? Did different gods preside over different worlds, like kings over kingdoms?

She felt him approaching long before she heard his footsteps. She knew he had followed her, had likely known she’d woken and left the very moment it happened. Chased from sleep again, phantom gloved hands upon her skin, the laughs of two little girls giving way to the sound of crackling fire, and hot, sticky red that gloved her hands. She’d immediately shifted upon her violent awakening, and she hadn’t thought about it - she bounded into the night, four legs carrying her far from the open fractures of who she was.

One ear swiveled back to listen to the footsteps of Alistair as he approached her and the shrine. Her body rippled, and then there was the small form of a raven-haired girl standing before the shrine, fire blue eyes gazing upwards with a chilling sort of calm. Something in her felt hollow. ’I killed my god,’ she thought defiantly to whatever power may be listening. Alistair would be able to hear her down the bond. If they truly were gods, she shouldn’t need to speak, should she? ’I devoured his heart and left his chest open for the flies. I am my own god now.’

If her husband approached, she didn’t look at him, but she greeted him wordlessly down their bond. She stared hard at the shrine, observing, trying to discern whatever gods were worshipped. ”I will fall to my knees for no one. Her voice was quiet and steady in the empty night. Finally, she cast a glance at Alistair.. And her face softened. Was he angry with her, slipping away into the night again and again? She could never sleep. Her war had ended - she had won. Still, in her dreams she fought for survival. For sanity. ”Would you worship a god? Did you ever? My father used to talk about the forgotten gods, some religion our family followed. He didn’t know much of it.”

ashetta
it's live or die my way.

Messages In This Thread
Do you believe that you can walk on water? - by Ashetta - 11-17-2018, 10:59 PM