to take arms against a sea of troubles
Open
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith
General of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 47 | Height: 5'8'' | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 61 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 61 - Luck: 58 - Int: 2
LOKI - Mythical - Dragon (Energy Blast)
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
WESSEX
There are creaks and groans above her head as someone walks. A door opens, the light shines through, and Wessex turns to face it.

Deimos. She considers this as the light reveals his boots, his body, and then his face, ever carved in stone. They’ve always been on good terms, understand each other as warriors, but perhaps the two of them are too stoic, hold too many words in reserve for the day when it might be worth talking. Her blonde head nods in greeting and then she watches his work, appreciating the forethought. Safe houses. Stockpiling. If their clandestine spot is ever found, there will be hell to pay, but until then, they both know he has the right of it.

She is, however, visibly surprised when he says she missed their last meeting.

Having put forth her candidacy, one would think it is essential to have all the options present (and when she’d left, there’d only been one). She’s always shown up, to events both big and small, (did she not help clear this basement while weak as a fucking kitten?) helped when she could to the best of her abilities considering her daytime weakness. But even then… One missing doesn’t necessarily warrant postponement and they might not have been deciding important matters. She can’t detect any worry in his voice, any questioning or curiosity, no so good to see you, or where have you been, are you alright? Just a blanket statement. As a woman with a certain reputation, she might find his tone to be unremarkable, but from a - well, friend - it stings. Another surprise.

“I was captured by the Fae for a few days. They handed me over to Zariah. I only just escaped.” She swallows the for now that follows the words, keeping the danger out of the room, if only for a couple minutes more. Wessex looks away “What did I miss? Last I saw the Fae were headed to the Spire.” What meetings, what accolades and rejections, what does she need to know in order to make an informed decision about the rest of her life?
No, I’ll be the stone
I’ll be the hunter, a tower that casts the shade
I lie awake and watch it all

Messages In This Thread
RE: to take arms against a sea of troubles - by Wessex - 07-18-2019, 05:33 PM