to take arms against a sea of troubles
Open
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith
General of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 47 | Height: 5'8'' | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 61 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 61 - Luck: 58 - Int: 2
LOKI - Mythical - Dragon (Energy Blast)
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
WESSEX
When you’ve lived half your life with your cards close to your chest, when the person you’re having a conversation with’s girlfriend doesn’t know if you should be alive or dead, when it feels like everything has been thrown back in your face - yeah, you might lean towards reticence. Silence. Forever going over a vicious debate in your head and always ending up somewhere along the lines of what’s the point? and they’ve already made up their minds and we’ll end up on opposite sides anyway. Because experience has taught her that this is the way things are, this is the way things forever will be due to her Ascension. She can only ever take care of herself.

Even when care starts to creep in. Even when she begins to grow fond of others - the firecracker Melita, devastatingly beautiful Rexanna, kind, kind Rory, Deimos himself, and yes, even Amalia, for their shared history is hard to erase - she doesn’t truly believe it will last. Not with all of them. If Rex ascends, they might have something; but if she stays with Bastien, it might never be what it could be.

Pessimistic. Fatalistic. Realistic.

For some, their loyalties are inherently divisive; those devoted to the Old Gods, those who consistently receive their favors, and those devoted to her Lady will never trust each other. Not truly. And in knowing this, in knowing that one day she might be called upon again to do the work that needs to be done, work that her ‘friends’ will probably try to stop… it makes things so much more difficult. So much so that even when they can unite behind a cause, it inherently feels like them vs. her.

Wessex nods again. They’re back to short answers. While she can’t personally blame Jigano for not wanting to join the Army, she can imagine that the results are troublesome and the consequences stretching farther than anyone ever intended. “Sounds like a mess. What about that open forum thing? I just saw it on the Board.” Leaning forward, she indicates that she wants to hear everything. And in return, the blonde answers his question about the Fae. “I was in the Greatwood, trying to find the source of the Stonesong. Turns out they are violently opposed to Ascended being there. Even more so than the rest of you.” Referring, of course, to several of them being captured by the Fae last season.

“Found out I can read Fae, though. So not an entirely shitty situation.”
No, I’ll be the stone
I’ll be the hunter, a tower that casts the shade
I lie awake and watch it all

Messages In This Thread
RE: to take arms against a sea of troubles - by Wessex - 07-23-2019, 09:25 AM