the monument of a memory {open}
Cera Novik
Metalsmith / Medic

Age: 29 | Height: 5'5 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 1 - Strg: 16 - Dext: 12 - Endr: 12 - Luck: 6 - Int:
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 0

A relieved smile takes over Cera's pale lips at the assurance he's awarded. Whether or not mind reading is even a possibility with...whatever this is, the sincerity of Smith's vow is comforting. What he presents next however is far more interesting, and Cera's enraptured gaze hardly wavers as he soaks in the information. This had once been his job, in a realm far behind him, what seemed a lifetime ago - the storyteller, the knowledge keeper, the diviner of the Gods in all their mysterious ways. Ah, but he has so many questions! Smith seems amenable enough, so he lets them flow forth uninterrupted for now.

"Where I came from, this telepathy was only with your bonded companion, and it was also a magic of sorts." What better way to prompt more information than providing some of his own? Still his fair brows draw forward, crinkling curiously. "One of? So there are more races. Are they all connected to the Gods? How many are there, and are they all shapechangers?" A hand drifts from his hair to rub thoughtfully at his mouth, steps light and slow, unhurried with such good company and provoking commentary. Though a small laugh of surprise does slip through his fingertips as he comes to the conclusion that - "So I am an Attuned then I assume? Ah, it has been some time since I was last in a realm where magic was so common. I'm sure I'll embarrass myself to death trying to figure out the shift," he laughs, already imagining the constipated look on his face he'd surely adopt as he tried to figure out the trigger to this new magic he apparently had.

Shyly Cera flits his gaze to the side, watching Smith hop from branch to branch. "Ah, sorry for all the questions. It's all just so interesting," he breathes almost euphorically, fingers tapping happily against his mouth as he mulls over this new information.

Isuma's introduction leaves him rattled, but her delightful little noises encourages forth a smile brighter than the sun. He holds still for her to land upon his shoulder, only beginning to walk once more when he is sure she is properly settled. Cannot help but feel an ache in his cheeks with how he smiles so wide as she begins to run his hair through her beak, happy to let her do just about anything she could ever want to him. "No, thank you Smith. You've been very kind, I appreciate all you've done for me already," he assures, eyes swaying between the path, the raven, and the companion on his shoulder.

"I was born and led most of my life in a world similar to this one, though no humans - if that is what you call them here - ever seemed to exist within our lands. There were many Gods, all deities lording over various parts of the world. Magic was commonplace, and was either sought out from the Gods or born into you. It did not discriminate, and any could be awarded it if the Gods found them favorable. Companions like Isuma - or, I believe that's what she is to you? - were also commonplace. United souls and thoughts, but no such telepathy. But..."

his voice falters, because the pain of the destruction of his home, the deaths of so many loved ones, the deaths of his Gods...they still haunt his nightmares. It will never be easy to speak about it. Clearing his throat softly, he continues in a quieter tone.

"A rift was ripped open between our world and another, and we were all thrown into a new realm as a false God destroyed ours. I was there only moments, but it was...unsteady, I'd think. So many portals, like the one that brought me here. I have been travelling through them all for who knows how long, in different forms and with different rules." He turns his head to smile wanly at Smith.

"And, well, here I am!" He tries to imbue cheer into his tone, gently pressing the memories down back to where they belonged. Hidden away to haunt him only in the twilight hours. "I was a devout follower of the Gods in my original homeland. You mentioned that Attuned are linked to the Gods here, is it all of them? Is there a pantheon to worship, or individuals?" Though none could replace the God of the Sun who had given him so much, Cera would always be faithful. It was simply who he was.

Messages In This Thread
the monument of a memory {open} - by Cera - 07-20-2019, 05:48 PM
RE: the monument of a memory {open} - by Jigano - 07-20-2019, 08:08 PM
RE: the monument of a memory {open} - by Cera - 07-21-2019, 12:35 AM
RE: the monument of a memory {open} - by Jigano - 07-21-2019, 02:19 AM
RE: the monument of a memory {open} - by Cera - 07-22-2019, 04:53 AM
RE: the monument of a memory {open} - by Jigano - 07-22-2019, 01:27 PM
RE: the monument of a memory {open} - by Cera - 07-23-2019, 03:26 AM
RE: the monument of a memory {open} - by Jigano - 07-23-2019, 05:06 PM
RE: the monument of a memory {open} - by Cera - 07-24-2019, 05:04 AM
RE: the monument of a memory {open} - by Jigano - 07-25-2019, 02:23 AM
RE: the monument of a memory {open} - by Cera - 07-26-2019, 01:01 AM