Turning Over a New Leafchange
For Cera
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Age: 26 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 46 - Endr: 41 - Luck: 41 - Int:
PIM - Mythical - Dragon (Electricity) BRANBAST - Mythical - Sear Cat (Speech)
Played by: Grant Offline
Change author:
MP: 1825
PHOEBE
Phoebe smiled at his pondering about the effects of peppermint in relation to other medicinal herbs in her concoctions. "It does interact with the other herbs, depending on the form of peppermint included. Peppermint oil, which is highly concentrated can exacerbate a lot of illnesses if ingested and can actually cause menstruation so should never be taken by a pregnant woman unless labor is being induced or as an additive to cause a planned miscarriage." she explained. "But it can be applied to the skin or put in a boiling pot of water to scent the air for aroma therapy without those problems. When including it in medicines, I strictly use peppermint leaves, not the oil. It isn't as concentrated as the oil, and even when steeped long enough to give flavor is not potent enough in the dose sizes to have those sorts of side effects unless someone is specifically sensitive to it."

Clearly, when it came to peppermint at least, Phoebe knew her stuff, advanced technology or not.

"Wonderful! I am so glad for your help. Why don't we meet there tomorrow and I can give you a little tour of that and the College?" Phoebe offered with a warm, chipper smile. "To join? Well you simply have to ask, and I believe in a sort of round about way you have!" she said with a light laugh, folding her hands on her lap. "I will add you to the formal registry tomorrow. As far as what you might put your mind to, any sort of implements that you can think of that would aid medical advancement would be great."
I look up to the little bird
The flies across the sky
And I, I wish that I could be that bird
And fly away from here

Messages In This Thread
Turning Over a New Leafchange - by Phoebe - 07-23-2019, 06:24 PM
RE: Turning Over a New Leafchange - by Cera - 07-26-2019, 12:01 AM
RE: Turning Over a New Leafchange - by Phoebe - 07-26-2019, 12:35 AM
RE: Turning Over a New Leafchange - by Cera - 07-26-2019, 01:20 AM
RE: Turning Over a New Leafchange - by Phoebe - 07-28-2019, 04:16 PM
RE: Turning Over a New Leafchange - by Cera - 07-30-2019, 06:54 AM
RE: Turning Over a New Leafchange - by Phoebe - 07-30-2019, 01:29 PM