oh this thread, it's red, it's red
Mercutio Kingston
Medic

Age: 38 | Height: 6’3” | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Nomadic
Level: 0 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 8 - Endr: 12 - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Laine Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
MERCUTIO
o' me of little faith

Trying to keep pace with the black wolf, Mercutio, experimented a bit with his steps, attempting at first to fall back into the configuration he’d used since birth. This produced an odd little bouncy step (a little too equine) that indeed had him tripping slightly over his paws. He only gave a rumbly approximation of a canine laugh at himself before flashing a wink over at Ashe. Well, I’ve had four legs before and these don’t seem to be that much different. But perhaps keep it at an easy pace for today and leave the running for tomorrow, eh?

Seeming to sort out his locomotion, he was content to listen for a moment and observe her movement and body language. There was an assumption, and it didn’t seem like a very great one, that she knew what proper wolf-ish protocol should be followed and as she was being wonderfully welcoming that mirroring her would serve well.

It was pleasant, this body, and Mercutio relished a bit in the return of things that had been absent from his brief spell as a human. Four legs, for one thing, felt infinitely better for running than two, and he swore he’d never again take ears that move for granted. He gave a few experimental nips at the cool breeze and a playful woof before letting his tongue loll out of a goofy sort of grin.

Ashe gave her name and then delivered a soft but wholly unexpected blow with the mention that Mercutio was not the only one to have dropped out of the sky. There was a tiny tug in his gut that he hated to call hope and it showed in the gentle widening of his eyes. It passed as soon as he recognized it for what it was, beating that unwelcome emotion back into it’s sad little box and reaching again for his cavalier persona.

Well it is my great pleasure to meet you Ashe, and I have to say you don’t give yourself enough credit. I’ve never had such a pleasant welcome, and after being yanked through the aether by my toes I could ask for nothing more. I hope you’re right about this being the last stop, I’ve had my fill of it. he gives a shake of his fluffy grey head that sends his ears flapping about before giving her a look that somehow still conveys a raised eyebrow. It’s such a bother to change bodies every time, and I think I quite like this one!

He follows her gaze to the horizon and gives an affirmative woof. I’ll bow to your expertise in our destination; I’ve no agenda but to make your charming acquaintance. Have you been in Caido long yourself?

Messages In This Thread
oh this thread, it's red, it's red - by Mercutio - 07-24-2019, 04:14 AM
RE: oh this thread, it's red, it's red - by Mercutio - 07-28-2019, 05:12 AM