This sign won’t stop me because I can’t read!
Jorseval Craik
Vagrant / Priest

Age: 33 | Height: 5' 10" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 0 - Strg: 8 - Dext: 10 - Endr: 8 - Luck: 9 - Int:
Played by: Laine Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Jorseval
Something isn't right, babe
I keep catching little words
but the meaning's thin
It didn’t feel right to be angry at Ludo or a Mort for not wanting him. Why would they when no one else did? Jory wasn’t fool enough to argue or think he could change their minds but fuck It he could get into that fucking village. Despite being repeatedly thrown back by whatever magic guarded the place or accosted by the tricky little fae, Jory was determined that this was a problem he could solve. He had no agenda, harbored no ill will toward the funny little folk  (he’d actually had quite a bit of fun in recent months in trying to outsmart them) but there’d never been a metaphorical ‘keep out’ sign that didn’t tempt him. That and it seemed a better channel for his energy and frustration than overthinking exactly what made him unqualified to be a divine errand boy. To that end he found himself perched on a large rock, sitting cross-legged and rapping his fingers across his knees and he started out over the wide expanse of the river.

”Live your life to the fullest.” he grumbled under his breath. ”What the fuck does that even mean? My life is fine! And he’d certainly thought it so until three nights ago. Jory would have said that he was satisfied with the way he lived: he could hunt to feed himself, could go into town when he wanted companionship sex, and he could stay in the fucking woods when he wanted to be alone. That had been enough. That had been enough because he thought there would come a day when the he would make himself part of something bigger. Well he’d knocked on that door and it had been closed in his face; somehow he’d thought only people did that, not deities too.

The river, singing as it had before somehow hit Jory’s mood at just the wrong angle and so sounded more like a smarmy little chuckle. Jory’s mind, that always ran a bit too fast for him to reign it in, filled in the sounds with the litany listing his string of recent failures. Haha, you can’t get into the village! Haha, your gods don’t think you’re worth shit! ”Oh fuck off, it’s not like you know what they meant either.” he snapped at the water. He glanced up to check the sun, noting it’s noon position that marked four hours he’d been in that spot. Four hours and not even the barest spark of inspiration.

|| note || So, in headcannoning what Jory's been up to in my absence, we decided that he's been playing a game of catch and release with the Fae as he keeps getting too close to the Village. Fae characters are free to know him by sight or at the very least as "that idiot who keeps getting thrown in the pit" If you have more detailed ideas DM me!

Messages In This Thread
This sign won’t stop me because I can’t read! - by Jorseval - 07-28-2019, 03:08 AM