never let them drain the river of your soul
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Age: 30 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 5 - Strg: 49 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 52 - Luck: 49 - Int:
JYOTI - Mythical - Starwhale (Humpback)
Played by: shark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2580
Amalia

For my part, I know nothing with any certainty
He lets her body rest beside his, the apology taken and forgiven in the simple action, the subtle nod. They are all tired, all pressed to limits and fraying edges; all they can give each other is acceptance, the promise to understand and forgive.

Speaking of the strings reminds her of Ronin and Remi's wedding, of simpler times and shared smiles on a beautiful summer night. The honor of performing the ceremony, of being asked to share her customs with them- it had honored the girl more than she could say. And now there will be another wedding, and perhaps more in the seasons to come: new loves, new loves, new pages in the stories of this place. She would have tied Kiads's string, would have officiated in the eyes of the gods. Amalia knows a little of Ru'in, but she knows a lot about loss. To lose one so very beloved...

Her gaze slips over to Deimos, and it is at the behemoth she is looking when Kiada makes her offer, and Amalia realizes for the first time that it could well be her turn. She watches as something close to panic crosses Deimos' face, a part of her chest squeezing and releasing with emotions she cannot name. Does he even want that for them?

Does she?

She glances away as he rumbles an answer, too flustered to contribute anything herself. With nothing better to do with her hands Amalia grabs her sandwich, shoving a large bite into her mouth, painfully aware of Deimos' leg which lingers on her as she eats.
but the sight of the stars makes me dream

Messages In This Thread
RE: never let them drain the river of your soul - by Amalia - 09-12-2019, 10:23 PM