shatter like glass on the ceiling
Cera Novik
Metalsmith / Medic

Age: 29 | Height: 5'5 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 1 - Strg: 16 - Dext: 12 - Endr: 12 - Luck: 6 - Int:
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
A wash of relief settles on Cera's skin as the man goes still, but parts from his focus with more ease than fear. Some part of him regrets having interrupted at all, as the man sits up and his wings begin to withdraw, obscuring a part of his soul that Cera knows intuitively is because of his presence. They make him yearn silently from afar, watching them diminish before his eyes. There was no explanation for why his soul-shape had not returned him to the body he had been born in, but sometimes when he looks at the sky his shoulders ache so fiercely it brings him to tears. Envy is a thick, bitter emotion throttling his breaths, but he cannot help it. The heavens had been a motherly embrace, a guiding hand, an escape from the pain the earthbound world offered. To be stripped of that is a grief almost stronger than any other loss could compare to.

The crooked smile and milky eyes that turn his way as he gracefully allows Cera's presence makes the golden boy return his smile instinctively. "Your wings are quite beautiful," he says instead, honesty woven like patchwork through each word. He is careful not to let his sadness ebb into the tone he presents, instead wondering privately why the man feels the need to conceal the wings and feathers. Well...he is a stranger as of now, Cera supposes.

Calloused hands brush against his folded knees as a name is presented, a cordiality given. It is rote by now, and Cera wishes there was a better way, wishes he could see inside of people where the wounds and whispered dreams lay, that he may lay his hands on them and breathe life and love into them.

"The pleasure is all mine, especially considering I interrupted your moment of peace," he laughs softly, arms moving behind him to brace against the earth and turning his face to the sky. It's a rare, beautiful day, and the pale wash of sun on his cheeks settles his breathing. Only then does one eye peak open at Remi once more. "Forgive my boldness, but...are you okay?" The words falter uncertainly at the end, not sure how to communicate his thoughts. That while Remi's smile was kind and flawless, Cera could not forget the way he had grasped so desperately at the earth in supplication. A flush of self-consciousness coats his cheeks and he ducks his head, returning his hands to fiddle with a blade of grass in his lap. "Ah sorry I just...I hate to see people in pain," he mumbles pathetically, the blade of grass snapping in his fidgeting fingers.
and my hands are not clean, maybe they never will be
but they can still carry you home
when you're ready to sleep

Messages In This Thread
shatter like glass on the ceiling - by Remi - 08-21-2019, 12:14 AM
RE: shatter like glass on the ceiling - by Cera - 08-22-2019, 08:56 AM
RE: shatter like glass on the ceiling - by Remi - 08-22-2019, 11:25 PM
RE: shatter like glass on the ceiling - by Cera - 08-23-2019, 12:04 AM
RE: shatter like glass on the ceiling - by Remi - 08-23-2019, 12:32 AM
RE: shatter like glass on the ceiling - by Cera - 08-29-2019, 07:58 AM
RE: shatter like glass on the ceiling - by Remi - 09-04-2019, 06:49 PM
RE: shatter like glass on the ceiling - by Cera - 09-08-2019, 03:05 AM