The Lost Launceleyn (Open)
the Firebrand
Headmaster / Grand Healer

Age: 29 | Height: 5' 11' | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 33 - Endr: 35 - Luck: 39 - Int:
ASTRA - Mythical - Luxere
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
Loren narrowed his eyes at Jigano. All the Launceleyn had wanted was to be left alone to explore, and now there was this stranger here. And the sorrow still roiled within the former librarian, waiting to be released in one form or another. It was all Loren could do to hold it back, and it threatened to spill over and turn into anger. It wouldn’t be fair—Jigano hadn’t done anything wrong, and in fact was being kind—but Loren simply wasn’t prepared to be around people quite yet.

So he gritted his teeth to prevent himself from snapping at the other man. It took a few deep breaths before the former librarian felt he could respond in anything resembling a civil tone. “I saw something that surprised me, but it passed. I appreciate you concern, but I’m aware of the dangers and can protect myself.” The second part was definitely true, but the first was a complete lie; Loren hadn’t ever heard of these wicker women or the cat sith.

But they couldn’t be any more dangerous than the jungle from the world Loren had come from before. And he’d survived that. More than survived: he’d saved his companions from monsters and gotten them home safely.

The name Ianto was a shock. Loren felt his eyes widening as he wondered whether it was the same Ianto he’d known. Still, seeing as the Launceleyn wanted the other man to leave, the mage didn’t ask. Besides, if Loren had wanted to know more about the people he once knew, he’d go find them himself. Beyond that, he could feel his eyes drifting back to the now normal looking puddle, and tears sprang to his eyes. He was about to lose control again and he wanted the stranger gone by the time that happened. “I just came out here to clear my head, and yes, again, I know how foolhardy that sounds, but believe me I’m not in any danger.” And even if he was, he’d honestly welcome the distraction.

His voice was sounding slightly choked, and he cleared his throat, not wanting Jigano to get suspicious. At the mention of the blight, Loren tilted his head, confused. He hadn’t heard anything about a blight—not surprising, given his isolation—and he hadn’t seen anything that looked like one either. “No. Sorry.” That was all he trusted himself to say.

Messages In This Thread
The Lost Launceleyn (Open) - by Loren - 08-22-2019, 08:59 PM
RE: The Lost Launceleyn (Open) - by Jigano - 08-22-2019, 09:06 PM
RE: The Lost Launceleyn (Open) - by Loren - 08-22-2019, 09:26 PM
RE: The Lost Launceleyn (Open) - by Jigano - 08-22-2019, 09:44 PM
RE: The Lost Launceleyn (Open) - by Loren - 08-22-2019, 09:58 PM
RE: The Lost Launceleyn (Open) - by Jigano - 08-22-2019, 10:56 PM
RE: The Lost Launceleyn (Open) - by Loren - 08-22-2019, 11:22 PM
RE: The Lost Launceleyn (Open) - by Jigano - 08-22-2019, 11:44 PM
RE: The Lost Launceleyn (Open) - by Loren - 08-23-2019, 12:19 AM
RE: The Lost Launceleyn (Open) - by Jigano - 08-23-2019, 01:19 AM
RE: The Lost Launceleyn (Open) - by Loren - 08-23-2019, 01:48 AM