Unquestioned Answers
the Firebrand
Headmaster / Grand Healer

Age: 30 | Height: 5' 11' | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 33 - Endr: 35 - Luck: 39 - Int:
ASTRA - Mythical - Luxere
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
Loren
not afraid to use every trick in the book

The woman’s statement gave him pause, and Loren looked once again at the restored Atheneum, which was now falling once again into disarray. Although he had missed the events of the past year, his heart was saddened to think that no one had time for this place anymore. Still, though he was hardly the optimistic type, her obvious sadness called on him to do something. ”Well, we’re here, now. So that’s a start, isn’t it?” The start of what, he couldn’t say; all he hoped was that it didn’t end up like the rest of his endeavors. As for her next comment, he merely shrugged. ”Well, it’s not a very good library if there aren’t at least a few secrets waiting for eager minds to discover them.” It was a feeble attempt at a joke, since her words had given him pause, but it was an attempt nonetheless. Maybe being back around books was good for his soul after all.

Well, his prayer that she might not recognize him had been ill-advised and his decision to brace himself for an adverse reaction had been the right one. As his name fell from her lips and she withdrew her hand, Loren brought his own hand back and tensed, waiting for the woman to lash out. Even though he should’ve been used to it by now it hurt every time.

Only this time the attack came from a completely unexpected direction: she mentioned the Atheneum and gourds and his mind was immediately catapulted back to that day. She’d been fierce and he’d been foolish, and he definitely owed her an apology and some deference. He rubbed the back of his head sheepishly. ”I seem to remember you disapproving of my methods, and rightly so. Uhhhhh...I’m sorry about that. I really am.” Sighing, he tilted his head. He’d need to do a lot better than that. Luckily (or unfortunately, depending on who one might ask) he was getting really good at apologies. ”And I’m sorry for anything else you might blame me for. I know I have a lot to answer for.” It didn’t matter much that he was suffering, too, since he’d brought it upon himself, and it couldn’t compare to what he’d put others through.

Hesitatingly, he bit his lip. "I can go, if you'd like." He really didn't want to, but obviously her preferences trumped his in this situation, since he was the one with all the baggage.

Messages In This Thread
Unquestioned Answers - by Loren - 08-22-2019, 11:57 PM
RE: Unquestioned Answers - by Amalia - 08-26-2019, 08:24 PM
RE: Unquestioned Answers - by Loren - 08-27-2019, 12:08 AM
RE: Unquestioned Answers - by Amalia - 08-27-2019, 05:39 PM
RE: Unquestioned Answers - by Loren - 08-27-2019, 06:24 PM
RE: Unquestioned Answers - by Amalia - 08-29-2019, 01:14 PM
RE: Unquestioned Answers - by Loren - 08-29-2019, 01:45 PM
RE: Unquestioned Answers - by Amalia - 08-29-2019, 03:08 PM
RE: Unquestioned Answers - by Loren - 08-29-2019, 03:54 PM
RE: Unquestioned Answers - by Amalia - 08-29-2019, 05:56 PM
RE: Unquestioned Answers - by Loren - 08-29-2019, 07:00 PM