Unquestioned Answers
the Firebrand
Headmaster / Grand Healer

Age: 29 | Height: 5' 11' | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 33 - Endr: 35 - Luck: 39 - Int:
ASTRA - Mythical - Luxere
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
Loren
not afraid to use every trick in the book

Well, crap: Loren really needed to stop assuming that everyone he encountered had a bone to pick with him and then sticking his foot in his mouth. Granted, this woman had a legitimate grievance, but then he’d gone and tried to apologize for more than she’d actually laid at his feet. So he stood there, trying to come up with some response that might not sound totally inane. ”I don’t know. I hurt a lot of people when I...left. And my family hurt even more while I was gone. Between that, it seems everyone in the Hollowed Grounds was affected in some way.” While he couldn’t really be blamed for Zariah, the summoner couldn’t help but feel that if he’d been here he might have been able to act as a meditating force on her. Of course, that had never worked before, but he couldn’t banish the thought.

When she told him to stay, he breathed out a sigh of relief. He’d been expecting her to banish him—and he would’ve gone, willingly—so when she didn’t he was inordinately pleased, even giving her a brief and uncertain smile. When she brings up showing repentance through helping, he nods, gratefully, then drums a nervous beat on the books in his hands as he tries to figure out what she might ask of him. ”I will. I’m trying to do that already. I’ve opened up the doors to the Launceleyn Manor for LongNight, so people have a safe and comfortable place to gather. To that end, I’m trying to get the necessary supplies so that people can last through the week.”

Then he hesitates, unsure if that’s enough. ”I know that people might not want to go there, though. So...I should do something about that.” He sighs, and moves it further up his list. ”Beyond that I’ve offered my summoning and other magic in whatever capacity it might be useful, and I am planning to go out and feed the luxere once they arrive.” Those were the only actual ways he’d found to be useful, and given everything else going on around here he couldn’t help but be frustrated. He knew he could be doing more, if only people trusted him. Sadly, he'd burned too many bridges, and Zariah had torched the rest. ”I’ve offered to help with finding out more about the blight but...I don’t know. I understand why people are reluctant to welcome me back and accept my assistance, but...it seems like they’re saying that telling me everything would be too difficult, and rejecting it out of hand.” He hadn’t realized how much it had been bothering him until that moment.

But it was unfair to unload that on a stranger, especially one who already had misgivings about him. ”Sorry. I didn’t mean to...sorry.” Giving her a sidelong glance, Loren wondered whether the pitiful picture he now painted at all matched the image she had in her head of him. He cleared his throat, embarrassed. ”Is there anything I can help you with specifically? Besides looking for books on the Spark Bird and the Spire Demon, that is.” He hadn’t forgotten her earlier request. Then, his expression grew even more chagrined. ”Um...also...I don’t think I caught your name.” Or he’d forgotten it, which was understandable, but still awkward.

Messages In This Thread
Unquestioned Answers - by Loren - 08-22-2019, 11:57 PM
RE: Unquestioned Answers - by Amalia - 08-26-2019, 08:24 PM
RE: Unquestioned Answers - by Loren - 08-27-2019, 12:08 AM
RE: Unquestioned Answers - by Amalia - 08-27-2019, 05:39 PM
RE: Unquestioned Answers - by Loren - 08-27-2019, 06:24 PM
RE: Unquestioned Answers - by Amalia - 08-29-2019, 01:14 PM
RE: Unquestioned Answers - by Loren - 08-29-2019, 01:45 PM
RE: Unquestioned Answers - by Amalia - 08-29-2019, 03:08 PM
RE: Unquestioned Answers - by Loren - 08-29-2019, 03:54 PM
RE: Unquestioned Answers - by Amalia - 08-29-2019, 05:56 PM
RE: Unquestioned Answers - by Loren - 08-29-2019, 07:00 PM