head to head together
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 60 - Dext: 75 - Endr: 60 - Luck: 82 - Int: 3
SUGAR - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 201
RONIN
THE FALLEN STAR
Ronin nodded, glad that Wessex had been along to the meeting that he had ducked out of. Oblivious to the Ascended's feelings about exclusion - though he would have been puzzled to learn of it, given that Remi had posted a notice regarding his Longnight preparations for all to read (and he hadn't exactly run the idea by Ronin either, since they weren't joined at the hip) - the hunter kept his focus on the blight.

It was a little discouraging, admittedly, to learn that an Ascended queen could not stop her own brethren from spreading the blight further, but Ronin nodded acknowledgement that she would send word. "Thank you," he said, and he meant it. If other Ascended decided to go against Wessex and stroll into the Greatwood regardless, well... on their heads be it.

Wessex's pause was palpable, and Ronin gave her a flat look. A look that said I know, and nothing more needed to be said. "We are two rulers - we can't stop people coming to us separately," he said simply. "And strictly speaking, one of those sources didn't come to me at all - I found out through Remi." Was he going to out those people and cause further damage, though? No, absolutely not.

"Strictly speaking, the real source of that knowledge came from the Voice - as you have already mentioned yourself - and Vi, the god of life. Both have confirmed that the Ascended's presence in the Greatwood is what carried the blight to the plantlife. The good news is that apparently there's some divine plan in the mix," and here he wiggled his fingers ominously, a telling sign of his recent opinions about the gods, "but that's once the weather breaks for Deepfrost. Until then, all we can do is try to contain it."

Sighing, he took up his drink again. "I never said you were. It's true, there should be more cohesion between us, and I'm equal parts to blame for not coming to you about the things I had learned sooner." Blight rage and fever dreams put a dampener on lots of his plans lately. "Between you and me, you'll probably only have to put up with me for a little while longer anyway."
now don’t you lose hope
I swear I never dream that we’re alone
I swear I still believe but I don’t know

Messages In This Thread
head to head together - by Ronin - 08-23-2019, 05:53 PM
RE: head to head together - by Wessex - 08-23-2019, 09:04 PM
RE: head to head together - by Ronin - 08-24-2019, 07:49 AM
RE: head to head together - by Wessex - 08-24-2019, 10:25 AM
RE: head to head together - by Ronin - 08-25-2019, 07:45 AM
RE: head to head together - by Wessex - 08-25-2019, 10:43 AM
RE: head to head together - by Ronin - 08-25-2019, 10:59 AM
RE: head to head together - by Wessex - 08-26-2019, 08:58 AM