can't leave now, I'm haunted (Open)
Rexanna De Rosieres
the Penumbra
Queen of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 34 | Height: 5'4" | Race: Ascended x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 4 Abandoned (Level 3 Ascended) - Strg: 19 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 9 - Int:
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
REXANNA
He mentions that she had known of him, and she dips her head a small amount in a nod. “Remi told me what you looked like.” She says softly, contemplative, a small frown forming across her full lips. “I was there… Frey took his feelings away.” She frowns further, shoulders rising and falling in a shrug, not sure if he knows that detail. But on her end, she didn’t have any qualms with the man. Despite the matter of fact tone of his voice, she can’t do anything but let her eyes roam over him briefly before moving onto the task at hand.

Well, he was certainly pessimistic.

But she doesn’t try to change his mind, instead, she passes by it to explain her own funerals from home. Grand, beautiful things, while she continues to work and clean. He explains what the nobles were like back from his home, and she tilts her head to him as she pauses. “My ex-husbands home was like that.” She admits a bit quieter, contemplatively. “It had always felt wrong to me. But I was also born a servant and part of it all before I rose my station.” She explains, eyes casually watching him as he continues, running a hand through his hair.

Internally she cringes at what he had been touching previously, but she says nothing. Instead, hoping he goes home to shower after. She certainly will be, at least. Still, she puffs out a small sound of air from her, nodding. “I was guilty of that on more than one occasion.” She offers, not in sympathy, but a small amount of understanding. But he’s continuing on, mentioning the party she takes to heart, and she gives him a small fanged smile. “That wouldn’t necessarily be hosted here, not if the Ascended want to party too.” She snorts, realizing now that three of the last participants are all Ascended now.

But he agrees, and internally she cheers at it. “You don’t need to stay long if you don’t want to. Ezra, he works for this place too. He can help me.” She gives him a small nod, imagining the flirtatious man to be nothing short of willing to help her throw something together. But Loren grows bitter, mentioning that he does have help, and she suddenly recalls Beatrix and Jace, small and young children to have so much happen to them.

And he tells her it isn’t the first funeral he’s planned. That is something she understands deeply, and she hums in agreement to him. Perhaps his pessimism is rubbing off on her, because she pauses to look around the Rathskeller before her eyes land back on him. “Longnight is coming, and it will be rough. I hope it is the last funeral you have to plan, but it won’t be the last here.” She frowns, leaning on the broom before her eyes drift back around the room.
the penumbra
the moon is drunk with the sins of the sun.
& you stare, and wonder why
the universe never loved you back

Messages In This Thread
can't leave now, I'm haunted (Open) - by Loren - 08-23-2019, 11:32 PM
RE: can't leave now, I'm haunted (Open) - by Rexanna - 08-28-2019, 10:41 PM