can't leave now, I'm haunted (Open)
the Firebrand
Headmaster / Grand Healer

Age: 30 | Height: 5' 11' | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 33 - Endr: 35 - Luck: 39 - Int:
ASTRA - Mythical - Luxere
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
LOREN
Hearing the whole tale caused Loren to hug himself, trying to contain the tension he felt rising within him. As soon as he realized what he was doing, he let go, but even then he could feel his foot tapping a nervous staccato against the floor of the Rathskellar. ”I see.” He didn’t, really, but he understood enough. Giving Rexanna a sad smile, the Launceleyn wondered if the lack of feelings on Remi's part was a blessing or a curse, all things considered. ”Thank you. For...trying to help, make things right.” It sounded as if she’d paid quite the price for it. ”And I’m sorry you were cursed just for trying to do the right things.” The more the librarian heard about the gods, the more he wondered if being Abandoned was more blessing than curse, something he was asking a lot when it came to religion. Apparently, with the divine beings, it was all a matter of interpretation.

At her comment, he gave her a bit more of a genuine grin, though it didn’t last long. ”Even I would drink to that, but alas.” He spread his hands to indicate his lack of a glass or a bottle. Not that he was suggesting they drink—and he wasn’t even sure that did anything for an Ascended—but he was doing his best to get into the spirit of things. However, the beginning of good cheer was wiped away by the blue-eyed woman’s next statement. ”Maybe so. But that doesn’t mean that blood itself can’t shape us.” The Launceleyn liquid that coursed through his veins certainly did not bode well for the summoner.

She knew what he’d meant to say, apparently, and he relaxed. And he relaxed even further when she casually mentioned that she, at least, would stay at the manor. ”Our doors are always open. And I’ll save you a bed, should you need it.” At the suggestion he fix the bathroom window, he nodded. Then, he gave her a real smile, one that transformed him into almost entirely a different person: lighter, happier, truer somehow. ”Sounds like I might have to keep you away from the bathrooms, though.” It was a feeble joke, but a joke nonetheless.

He was about to resume cleaning as well when Rexanna’s question caused him to pause. Her tone was contemplative, as was the look her gave her. ”Yes. If I know what they are. Why do you ask?” There were more limits than that, but he’d explained those many times recently and he would avoid doing so again for as long as he could.
A beggar's book
outworths
a noble's blood

Messages In This Thread
can't leave now, I'm haunted (Open) - by Loren - 08-23-2019, 11:32 PM
RE: can't leave now, I'm haunted (Open) - by Loren - 08-29-2019, 08:07 PM