can't leave now, I'm haunted (Open)
Rexanna De Rosieres
the Penumbra
Queen of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 34 | Height: 5'4" | Race: Ascended x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 4 Abandoned (Level 3 Ascended) - Strg: 19 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 9 - Int:
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
REXANNA
He asks her why Frey would have given her that curse, and the thought makes her smile perhaps a tiny amount wider. “Something about enjoying myself.” She shrugs. That was absolutely it, to become and learn about herself rather than feeling the need to throw herself in front of every terrible thing that happened to someone else. And she had taken it to heart, had lived as such, and was better for it.

But some things didn’t change, and she still reverts to it on occasion. But Loren doesn’t need to know that. Instead, he’s asking about the Ascended limitations, and she finds herself mulling over the options before her. “We can use it once until we stop, and then it’s gone.” She begins, moving to lean against the bar with her arms propping her up behind her. “And just one, but we have to search for it. In terms of using your blood at the limit, well, the limit is you.” She tries to say as gently as she can, despite memories of the Spire and the barrier’s fall come to mind.

With Lucas, with his hands on her as she asks what she can do to help, and how he had grabbed her to drink from her and left her, exhausted, nearly dead from blood loss, among the dust and dirt of the Spire. She likes to think she’d be far more considerate than that, but she shakes the thought from her head anyway, considering, while Loren grows quiet. She knows it’s not an easy thing to ask, but if the option is there and he wants to, she’s willing to try.

He asks her if she’d have to bite him. And she nods her head yes, solemnly.

He begins to hug himself and what’s left of Rexanna’s heart yearns for him, lips forming a small frown as she tilts her head. “It’s an option if you’re willing, but I do want you to think about it rather than rush into it.” She tells him — because she had rushed into it, had taunted and teased Archebold of all people, and she had passed out among the blankets and furs in his manor the next day. And since then, she was addicted. “But if you want to try, I will help you.” She tells him, and she means it. She’s far more courteous than some others of the Ascended she knows. And she’s already built a small amount of rapport with him, at the very least.

She sucks on her lower lip for a moment before she pushes herself off from the bar, looking away from Loren briefly. “Well, I think a majority of the work here is done. What do you say if we slip outside and compare the magic in our veins?” She asks him with a soft smile, trying to change the subject.
the penumbra
the moon is drunk with the sins of the sun.
& you stare, and wonder why
the universe never loved you back

Messages In This Thread
can't leave now, I'm haunted (Open) - by Loren - 08-23-2019, 11:32 PM
RE: can't leave now, I'm haunted (Open) - by Rexanna - 08-30-2019, 06:32 PM