can't leave now, I'm haunted (Open)
the Firebrand
Headmaster / Grand Healer

Age: 30 | Height: 5' 11' | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 33 - Endr: 35 - Luck: 39 - Int:
ASTRA - Mythical - Luxere
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
LOREN
Whatever Loren had been expecting Rexanna to say, it wasn’t that. He blinked, bemused. ”Well that doesn’t sound too bad. Did you? Enjoy yourself I mean?” Indeed, it seemed that the deity actually, in its own twisted and warped way, wanted the best for the blue-eyed woman. Still, they seemed quite mercurial, these divine beings, and the librarian definitely wasn’t going to rely on their grace unless forced to.

He listened to her explanation, and ponders what she told him for a moment. ”Not ideal, but I can work with that.” Then Loren cocked his head and gave the blue-eyed woman a considering look. ”I wonder if my healing magic can replenish my blood.” It wasn’t something he was particularly eager to test—indeed, he wasn’t particularly eager to test any of this—but it was something to keep in mind. If he could prolong the period before he succumbed to blood loss and increase the amount of people who could use his abilities, that was certainly worth knowing.

Shaking his head at her concern, the summoner knew he’d have to tell her the full truth, hard as that would be. But anything less could cause problems for them both that he knew he could prevent. The injuries were the least of it: Loren was quite sure he'd experienced worse in his time. ”No it’s not biting or blood loss that’s the problem. And I’m willing. It’s just…” He fell silent, struggling to come up with the words and struggling even more to say them. ”I don’t like to be touched.” The admission was quiet and soft and his voice was more than a bit ashamed. He looked down and away, not wanting to see how she might react to that particular bit of news.

As Rexanna spoke about comparing the magic in their veins (and he definitely catches that particular phrasing), though, Loren looked up. He nodded, once, not necessarily trusting himself to speak just yet. However, he tossed his rag onto the bar to indicate that he was ready to see what they could do both separately and together.
A beggar's book
outworths
a noble's blood

Messages In This Thread
can't leave now, I'm haunted (Open) - by Loren - 08-23-2019, 11:32 PM
RE: can't leave now, I'm haunted (Open) - by Loren - 08-30-2019, 08:12 PM