can't leave now, I'm haunted (Open)
Rexanna De Rosieres
the Penumbra
Queen of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 34 | Height: 5'4" | Race: Ascended x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 4 Abandoned (Level 3 Ascended) - Strg: 19 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 9 - Int:
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
REXANNA
Oh I did!” She mentions with a light hum of a smile to her voice. It was actually how she had managed to officially meet her fiancé, and well, as they say, the rest is history after that.

But she tells him of the limit being him and he ponders it for a moment before coming up with his own idea. She doesn’t know if it would work, her magic mostly geared toward destruction and flame, smoke in the ashes, but she nods along anyway. “I suppose it couldn’t hurt to try it.” She hums in agreement.

But the Penumbra grows concerned for her new friend, finding himself withdrawn and quiet as she tries to help, tries to give him options. ‘You can say no.’ She wants to tell him, but she bites down on her tongue, keeping the words from slipping until he explains, and the words hit her with a sad pang of regret. How terrible it must be, to never want another’s touch. And for Rexanna, she finds it almost a torture of sorts — ever the hands on person, willing to stay and snuggle with someone, hand in hand rather than the opposite.

Perhaps it’s because she’s spent months alone in a dungeon?

Perhaps Loren has his own scars too that he keeps hidden, that reasons with why. But she doesn’t ask. Instead, she gives him a small nod. “I understand.” She says, softly, solemnly. But she doesn’t know how else it’ll work, to give him other options. And so she remains as she is, not reaching out, not touching, but watching him with a somewhat reserved look until he agrees to showcase their magic head to head.

She moves from the bar then, slipping out from a dot in the back, hoping he follows and doesn’t disappear into the dark fading light of the sky. She takes him across from the Settlement, out into the open where no trees stand that could be charred or burned, and she gives Loren a bright smile as she opens her palms sky up, and summons a large firework.

She doesn’t need to watch it, she’s seen it a million times, she just wants to see his reaction to it. A large firework explodes from her hand, zipping into the sky and explodes into a shower of golds and reds, dancing down from the sky before they flit away into nothing.
the penumbra
the moon is drunk with the sins of the sun.
& you stare, and wonder why
the universe never loved you back

Messages In This Thread
can't leave now, I'm haunted (Open) - by Loren - 08-23-2019, 11:32 PM
RE: can't leave now, I'm haunted (Open) - by Rexanna - 08-30-2019, 09:34 PM