Something Old, Something New [OPEN]
the Firebrand
Headmaster / Grand Healer

Age: 30 | Height: 5' 11' | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 33 - Endr: 35 - Luck: 39 - Int:
ASTRA - Mythical - Luxere
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
They say blood makes you related but
loyalty makes you family
As Bastien responded to the revelation that Loren was, well, maybe friends with Rexanna (though the summoner would learn that was true soon enough), the Launceleyn smiled. ”Thank you. That’s very kind of you.” Loren didn’t make friends easily, so getting two for the price of one was an exciting prospect for him. Of course, seeing as the Launceleyn didn’t trust himself to keep either friendship, let alone both, he wasn’t getting his hopes too high.

Then the conversation became awkward and personal, and Loren turned back to the decorations he was responsible for, doing his best to give Kiada and Bastien what privacy the Launceleyn could. Knowing a little bit about complicated family dynamics—his relatives were nothing if not complicated and dynamic—he figured they’d appreciate the gesture. That didn’t mean he wasn’t listening, of course. It just meant he felt bad overhearing what they were saying.

However, the other man’s delighted clapping when the summoner called upon his golem caused him to turn. Loren ran an embarrassed hand through his hair and gave the artist a sheepish grin. ”I have no experience with painting, but, well, my creatures follow my thoughts exactly, so there’s less opportunity for my body and my hands to get in the way.” It was the honest truth, though the Launceleyn felt a little silly admitting it. He glanced between Kiada and Bastien, wondering what they’d make of the summoner’s oddities.

Then the conversation swung back to the two others, and Rexanna, and got awkward and tense again. So Loren once more turned to the golem and gave it directions, doing his best to tune out the words being spoken behind him. It was impossible for him to succeed at that completely, but he was doing his best. Some of the paint had splattered on the golem, giving it a cheerful and festive look at odds with the atmosphere in the workshop.
LOREN

Messages In This Thread
Something Old, Something New [OPEN] - by Bastien - 08-26-2019, 07:36 PM
RE: Something Old, Something New [OPEN] - by Loren - 09-08-2019, 05:46 PM