Fáilte

Age: 316 | Height: | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 0 - Strg: 8 - Dext: 12 - Endr: 10 - Luck: 5 - Int:
Played by: Silphi Away
Change author:
MP: 0
Aonghas dipped his head slightly giving an appreciative nod and a small smile to the man’s generosity. He was beginning to feel the benefits of the cloak already, albeit only a little. His body seemed to be even more stiff than before with how scrunched up he had been on his way to the domed structure. After this first brush with feeling any kind of temperature he was confident to say the cold was wholly unpleasant and the happier he would be for not having to return to it outside any time soon.

When the young man seemed confused by his apology, Aonghas followed suit and finally took a good proper look at the room he was standing in. Now it made sense, this was a place were people could freely obtain knowledge shared in the tomes and scrolls that looked to be housed in the stacks around them. Still, he knew it better to ask permission for hospitality than for forgiveness for trespassing. His head moved slightly with his eyes as he traced the intricacies of the dome for a moment, his gaze snapping back down at the question of where he was from.

He had no idea if he was from the Hollowed Grounds. He had no idea where he was right now. This was information he would have to acquire delicately later, when he could gather his thoughts a little better perhaps. For a moment he wasn’t entirely sure how he should answer as he knew that not everyone took so kindly to the idea of traversing realms so easily. However there was something underlying in the question, maybe some kind of revelation as to how exactly he had gotten here.

”To be frank I’m not entirely sure. I came from the black tower, not some ways away.”

Aonghas nodded again in thanks as the man began to lead him further into the Atheneum, relieved at the promise of comfort. He gently detached himself from the small Luxere as he made his way into the office. The relief turned quickly almost into delight as he watched the fire come to life and he instinctively stuck his hands out from under the cloak and outstretched towards the small flames.

When his host spoke again Aonghas was a little startled to hear him offer the use of his magic so freely, and subconsciously cast his eyes about as if searching for those hidden in the shadows who would do best not to overhear such a declaration. But it seemed completely normal. The man was holding his hands up awaiting the answer to this very, seemingly, mundane offer. Aonghas agreed with a little hesitation in his voice, but then awkwardly stood his arms pulled out a little away from his body in a welcoming gesture.

It was instantaneous. Suddenly his body was swathed in heat, not uncomfortably so, in fact it was far more pleasant than he ever could have hoped. He basked in the feeling for as long as it ensued, until the man’s hands had left his shoulders. He was left feeling comfortably cosy in his newly fragile body, and it was a welcome change.

Spotting the chair closest to the stove Aonghas pointed towards it ”Do you mind if I…?” he asked, before moving over and setting himself down.

"Thank you once again for your very generous hospitality. I’m lucky to have been happened upon by you when I was” Perhaps he was being a touch dramatic, but he definitely felt a little more at ease now.

After a brief pause and some internal reasoning with himself, he saw no harm in giving his name. ”My name is Aonghas. It seems I’ve strayed into this territory at a disadvantage. I’m not actually too sure where these Hollowed Grounds are."

He offered an apologetic smile. ”Or in fact, where here is…”

Messages In This Thread
Fáilte - by Aonghas - 09-03-2019, 12:16 AM
RE: Fáilte - by Loren - 09-03-2019, 12:41 AM
RE: Fáilte - by Aonghas - 09-03-2019, 08:49 PM
RE: Fáilte - by Loren - 09-03-2019, 09:01 PM
RE: Fáilte - by Aonghas - 09-03-2019, 10:29 PM
RE: Fáilte - by Loren - 09-03-2019, 11:45 PM
RE: Fáilte - by Aonghas - 09-04-2019, 10:55 PM
RE: Fáilte - by Loren - 09-05-2019, 02:25 AM
RE: Fáilte - by Aonghas - 09-05-2019, 09:20 PM
RE: Fáilte - by Loren - 09-06-2019, 12:02 AM