check up
For Evie
Evie Ignatius
the Evergreen
Warden of Halo / Apothecarist

Age: 35 | Height: 5'5 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 8 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 30 - Luck: 30 - Int:
MICAH - Regular - Tide Jaguar
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 9347
Evie
fear has favourites
He's kind enough to kick the snow off his boots, which Evie appreciates. Keeping the shop clean by herself was hard enough without DeepFrost making her tasks even harder. She'd have to find some sort of textile to place before the door because the eternal dampness was driving her crazy.

Evie startles a little as the luxere comes bounding closer, clacking on the well-worn wooden planks beneath, and can't contain her endeared laughter at the intense inspection she is placed beneath. She flashes a mischievous grin at Loren as she lifts a palm for Astra to sniff at her leisure. "How she hasn't trained that fact into you already is beyond me," she teases. Companions were so much better than people sometimes, they certainly judged - and talked - a lot less.

Of course, the man is there to do more than stand there and look pretty. Evie can't help how her pale cheeks flush warm at the compliment - and such a great one at that. "Thank you," she murmurs, her words coming out on a breath in her sincere appreciation for it. She had worked hard to acquire what she had. Being a Natural was certainly a big help, considering she'd had her apothecary for a few years and had collected a modest collection in the Wordsworth manor in her youth. "I was lucky enough to have an early start." It's the simplest explanation she can offer, trying to redirect from the compliment and give herself the confidence she needed back.

Hearing about Abasi is certainly not what she had anticipated, and though she is automatically insulted at the implication that she hadn't helped him - he had said himself he felt relieved! - she bites her tongue and tries not to let it show on her expressive face. It's quickly smoothed over by his professional inquiry, though her heart stutters fearfully at the mention of magic. "I-It wasn't magic," she denies quickly, immediately. It's a little too telling, but her heart feels like it's in her throat. Turning to shuffle a few jars around and collect herself enough to hide her shaking hands, she clears her throat and lets her mind focus on Abasi instead.

"Yes, I did what I could to help him. Is he...that is...does he have the Blight?" she asks quietly, turning to peer at Loren from the corner of her eye. Evie can't help but feel concerned for Abasi at the implication that her magic couldn't heal him. "I can't treat that, it's far beyond my scope of healing. But I can tell you what I gave him that did help? Keeping up on it may at least take off the edge, especially combined with your...your talents," she stumbles a little at the end but brings up a smile to combat it. She suddenly wants him out of her apothecary, away from her entirely, because she is terrified at the idea of being outed. Especially by someone who seems so familiar to her, who may have connections to her family. But...her concern for Abasi, her desire for information, keeps her feet stuck fast to the floor.
don't let one be you

Table made by Sky!

Messages In This Thread
check up - by Loren - 09-03-2019, 12:56 AM
RE: check up - by Evie - 09-04-2019, 09:42 AM
RE: check up - by Loren - 09-04-2019, 01:21 PM
RE: check up - by Evie - 09-06-2019, 09:07 AM
RE: check up - by Loren - 09-06-2019, 03:01 PM
RE: check up - by Evie - 09-06-2019, 10:30 PM
RE: check up - by Loren - 09-07-2019, 12:17 AM
RE: check up - by Evie - 09-08-2019, 09:32 AM
RE: check up - by Loren - 09-08-2019, 12:42 PM