check up
For Evie
the Firebrand
Headmaster / Grand Healer

Age: 30 | Height: 5' 11' | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 33 - Endr: 35 - Luck: 39 - Int:
ASTRA - Mythical - Luxere
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
They say blood makes you related but
loyalty makes you family
”Well, she’s new in my life and I’m particularly thick, so it’ll take a while to sink in. I’ll get there eventually though.” Loren gave the luxere one of those rare secret grins he used to reserve for special and intimate occasions; it transformed his whole face, making him younger and lighter, nothing like the dark brooding Launceleyn he'd been for so long. Astra, for her part, sniffed Evie’s palm then licked it. Apparently that meant the two were best friends now, as the luxere trotted forward and pressed herself lovingly against the apothecary’s side.

At Evie’s blush, Loren looked away, suddenly shy and more than a bit embarrassed himself. He hadn’t intended to do anything more than pay her a well-deserved compliment. Still, when she mentioned she started early, he gave her a curious look. She was older than he was, but not by much. ”You’re welcome. And early start or no, it’s impressive. Actually, it might even be more impressive if you started young.” Medicine and herb lore were not easy subjects to master; Loren himself was barely a novice in both of them, and he was pretty well educated in a wide array of topics.

Unfortunately, despite the care with which Loren tried to choose his words, he managed to offend Evie. She did her best to hide it, but he was hyper aware of other's reactions to him these days, so he picked up on the subtle signs. Sighing, he ran a hand through his hair. However, his chagrin about his uncanny ability to annoy people was quickly supplanted by confusion at the way Evie denied that her skills came from magic. Giving her a curious look, he wondered why she would say something like that. ”I never said it was. And I’m sorry if I upset you. I was simply relaying what Abasi told me. I have no doubt you were incredibly helpful. He ah...seems used to a higher quality of life than what we have here.” Hopefully that would smooth over any lingering awkwardness, and it wasn’t as if the other man didn’t expect the finest life had to offer.

Loren couldn’t help but slumping when Evie admitted she didn’t know if Abasi had the blight or not. ”I don’t know. I was hoping you could tell me, actually. Have you, uh, had much experience with it?” At her offer to at least tell the summoner what she had treated the other man for and with, the Launceleyn gave her a grateful nod. ”I would very much appreciate that, thank you.” He smiled at her then, since she seemed to be quite confused about his healing magic. ”And my magic only takes me so far. Sometimes there’s no substitute for more tried and true methods.” It was part of the reason he’d decided to enroll in the College of Medicine.
LOREN

Messages In This Thread
check up - by Loren - 09-03-2019, 12:56 AM
RE: check up - by Evie - 09-04-2019, 09:42 AM
RE: check up - by Loren - 09-04-2019, 01:21 PM
RE: check up - by Evie - 09-06-2019, 09:07 AM
RE: check up - by Loren - 09-06-2019, 03:01 PM
RE: check up - by Evie - 09-06-2019, 10:30 PM
RE: check up - by Loren - 09-07-2019, 12:17 AM
RE: check up - by Evie - 09-08-2019, 09:32 AM
RE: check up - by Loren - 09-08-2019, 12:42 PM
RE: check up - by Evie - 09-11-2019, 09:08 AM