check up
For Evie
Evie Ignatius
the Evergreen
Warden of Halo / Apothecarist

Age: 35 | Height: 5'5 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 8 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 30 - Luck: 30 - Int:
MICAH - Regular - Tide Jaguar
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 9347
Evie
fear has favourites
Seeing the clear bond between the two brings a spark of warmth to the woman's chest. At times it makes her lonely, wanting that closeness, the tie of her soul to something that will know her deeply and love her all the while. When her gaze moves towards Loren, she can't help how her own countenance softens. He holds himself so regally, it's nice to see him radiating joy and affection. It brings out his best features, and Evie can't help but smile at the sight.

A little laugh escapes her at his insistence at complimenting her, face warm and flushed with color. He's younger than she, but he has such a control over the conversation that she can't help but feel girlish as he showers his sincerity upon her. "You're too kind," she says instead, hands fussing at her apron as she valiantly tries to keep eye contact. Evie may put up a bold and confident front, but her self-doubt can be crippling. Of course she'd been praised for her talent with herbs and healing, but only by those she'd essentially grown up with. It's different, coming from a total stranger.

Her joy fades a little at the sting of his words, but she can't fault him for her own insecurity. She waves away his stiffness, the rictus of his features even as he says nothing, and her smile is more natural when it returns. Even though it immediately tightens at the mention of magic. "No, I...I apologize I shouldn't have been so hasty. I'm glad he spoke so kindly of me, especially since he does seem of a finer breed," she laughs softly, leaning her hip against the nearest counter to force herself to relax. He wasn't prying, so for now her secret was safe. There is a small table further in, but few chairs. Not conducive to great conversation, especially with a luxere in the midst.

A frown pulls at her mouth, and she habitually lifts a hand to twirl a lock of hair thoughtfully. "I have a decent amount of experience with it. It comes on so slowly at first it can be hard to catch, he didn't seem to have the apparent symptoms...but he didn't have a fever, even though his skin was chilled. If the infection was spreading it may have weakened him, drawing on his natural bodily energy by giving him chills..." she realizes she's going on a bit of a murmured tangent and jolts out of it with a shy grin.

"Ah, sorry. What he came to me for isn't a common symptom, but it adapts so quickly that it could have been." Part of her regrets not catching it sooner, if it was the Blight, but it had seemed so benign...

Sighing she turns and begins gathering her ingredients, glad she had already put the kettle on. She pours the same mixture as what she gave Abasi, only in a much larger jar. She would give it up willingly to help him, even if the glass was rather valuable. An apology of sorts, for not being able to help the last time he had come to her. As she mixes it, she speaks over her shoulder to Loren as she goes. "It has echinacea extract for cold, chamomile leaves for relaxation and inducing sleep to help the body heal, and oregano for internal discomfort." Turning, she screws on the top and presents it to him with a lopsided smile, listening as he mentions his magic.

"It's good to know and utilize both. They interact well, and fill the gaps where the other can't reach. Are you studying under someone?" Curiosity fills her at who would be such a teacher now. The medical college was an option, but she had stepped into the Infirmary in the first place due to lack of hands on deck. Amalia's mother had been her own teacher, and she missed those days at Amalia's home, soaking in information like a sponge.
don't let one be you

Table made by Sky!

Messages In This Thread
check up - by Loren - 09-03-2019, 12:56 AM
RE: check up - by Evie - 09-04-2019, 09:42 AM
RE: check up - by Loren - 09-04-2019, 01:21 PM
RE: check up - by Evie - 09-06-2019, 09:07 AM
RE: check up - by Loren - 09-06-2019, 03:01 PM
RE: check up - by Evie - 09-06-2019, 10:30 PM
RE: check up - by Loren - 09-07-2019, 12:17 AM
RE: check up - by Evie - 09-08-2019, 09:32 AM
RE: check up - by Loren - 09-08-2019, 12:42 PM