check up
For Evie
Evie Ignatius
the Evergreen
Warden of Halo / Apothecarist

Age: 35 | Height: 5'5 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 8 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 30 - Luck: 30 - Int:
MICAH - Regular - Tide Jaguar
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 9347
Evie
fear has favourites
An eager smile lights up her face at the idea, the proposition, the invitation to see the luxere herds. She never has, but they delight and comfort her as equally as they do others during the approaching days to LongNight. "I would love that, I never have before," she admits, recalling days of preparing the manor and hiding away until the sun returned. Their family was not one to risk much, to breed adventurers or soldiers. In many ways Evie had fallen into that particular trap, not that she was proud of it. But perhaps with someone else to guide her she would not need to fear her own inadequacy for one night. Turning her eyes to Astra she smiles and strokes a gentle hand against her soft fur. "If they are as kind and beautiful as you, I'm sure you won't be able to get me to leave!" Spoken directly to Astra instead, Evie can't help the joy in her breast at the mere idea of seeing more of the beautiful hope-bringing creatures.

Still, Astra seemed far more receptive of compliments than her bonded. Evie conspicuously rolls her eyes, cocking a hip and staring Loren down. He is young and anxious, and perhaps a little wet behind the ears. She's not much better for her age, but she also won't be told how to feel about somebody. "I'll give them a blow to the head for saying I keep bad company," she declares firmly, a sparkle of challenge in her blue eyes. "I can heal it, after all." A wink here, a tad teasing. Evie would hate to hurt somebody, but she wasn't beneath bopping someone on the head for badmouthing someone she deigned to call friend. And not even that, just friendly.

It seems neither of them are very good at compliments though. Clearly Evie is getting better at dismantling Loren's objections though, because she laughs brightly and waves away his words. "Creating something from nothing may seem small to you, but to me it's quite the feat. I'll cherish them," is finally conceded, a soft look on her face. Glass jars would always be treasured for their worth and sanitation powers, but she would keep them all the safer knowing they had been a gift.

It's not quite discomfort that falls upon her as the conversation moves onward to the College, but it's not quite shyness either. "It's a long story..." she ekes out, eyes falling to her hands. They're innocent enough on the surface with little burns and cuts. But she can see beneath, to the magic that she wields. "But you're always welcome here with any questions you may have." That, at least, she could do.
don't let one be you

Table made by Sky!

Messages In This Thread
check up - by Loren - 09-03-2019, 12:56 AM
RE: check up - by Evie - 09-04-2019, 09:42 AM
RE: check up - by Loren - 09-04-2019, 01:21 PM
RE: check up - by Evie - 09-06-2019, 09:07 AM
RE: check up - by Loren - 09-06-2019, 03:01 PM
RE: check up - by Evie - 09-06-2019, 10:30 PM
RE: check up - by Loren - 09-07-2019, 12:17 AM
RE: check up - by Evie - 09-08-2019, 09:32 AM
RE: check up - by Loren - 09-08-2019, 12:42 PM