{SWE}First Step From Darkness
Renaud Cartier

Age: 30 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: 10 - Dext: 12 - Endr: 10 - Luck: 3 - Int:
Played by: Nate Offline
Change author:
MP: 0

Renaud spun around on his knee when the stranger spoke, his fists raised.  When it became clear, after perhaps less than a second, that the newcomer meant no harm, Renaud dropped his guard and offered an awkward, apologetic laugh to the man.

"I've uh, yet to see many faces here at all, to be honest."  His voice, warm and youthful, rung out almost in defiance of the cold around them.  The snow from the ground had completely coated Renaud's pants, and his hands were likewise covered in snow and dirt.  Unlike a normal person, Renaud's hands were neither pink nor shaking.  He also did not shiver or shake in any way, even as he turned back and thrust his hands back into the freezing ground to continue digging.  

When Loren introduced himself, Renaud offered an introduction in return.  "Renaud Cartier," he spoke without pausing his work in the dirt, "Cornet of - Ah.  Heh.  I guess my previous titles are irrelevant now."  He glanced back up at Loren.  "Still getting used to that."  He offered a polite smile, sharpened canines gleaning in the thin rays of moonlight that shined through the trees.  

Taking note of Loren's roses, Renaud felt a wave of relief wash over him.  Perhaps this man understood what was going on.

"Uh, I'm ... new.  To Caido.  I ..."  He placed a fist full of dirt next to his shallow hole in the ground and lifted his rose in the air.

"I have no idea why I am doing this.  Could you, perhaps... offer an insight?  I visited a shrine in the woods and then just decided to take these roses and plant them, almost outside of my own volition."  A cringing smile grew on his face, an unspoken apology for how foolish and odd he likely sounded.

Messages In This Thread
{SWE}First Step From Darkness - by Renaud - 09-03-2019, 08:41 PM
RE: {SWE}First Step From Darkness - by Loren - 09-04-2019, 06:58 PM
RE: {SWE}First Step From Darkness - by Renaud - 09-04-2019, 09:54 PM
RE: {SWE}First Step From Darkness - by Loren - 09-05-2019, 02:09 AM
RE: {SWE}First Step From Darkness - by Renaud - 09-07-2019, 02:18 PM
RE: {SWE}First Step From Darkness - by Loren - 09-07-2019, 08:28 PM
RE: {SWE}First Step From Darkness - by Renaud - 09-07-2019, 10:03 PM
RE: {SWE}First Step From Darkness - by Loren - 09-08-2019, 12:14 AM
RE: {SWE}First Step From Darkness - by Renaud - 09-08-2019, 01:35 PM