You Know the Truest Me
Evie Ignatius
the Evergreen
Warden of Halo / Apothecarist

Age: 35 | Height: 5'5 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 8 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 30 - Luck: 30 - Int:
MICAH - Regular - Tide Jaguar
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 9347

Neither can seem to bear to part from the other's embrace, chasing away the absent months between the insistent press of their bodies. There is so much to say, words bubbling up in her throat and choking her. Explanations, perhaps. Begging for forgiveness. But there is time now that she has made it this far. Conquered her cowardly fears and returned to the safety of her sister's clasping arms. The words subside into her breast where they form a lump of regret, but at least she can breathe. Evie turns her head into the cloud of golden hair, letting it conceal her from her fears and remind her of the good that still stubbornly clung in the veins of the tainted world at large. All held in Amalia's heart, iridescent and pure.

It makes the diamond-glint of her tears so much more painful as they pull away, and Evie's heart aches as her hands instinctively reach forward to soothe. The way she tries to compose herself, the words she uses as a shield, Evie blusters past them in her usual way. Lifts her palms to cradle her little sister's face and gently wipe away the lingering trail of wetness with her work-calloused thumbs. She doesn't press. Not yet. Time. There is time.

But still she seeks to tilt Amalia's face closer, to press a kiss upon her brow, hoping to provide enough strength to the baker to make it through until those words come to pass. Then the magic user withdraws, grinning weakly as she digs into her bag for a little drawstring pouch of herbs. "Who do you think I am? Of course I brought some!" Mischievous blues dart around the bakery, smile turning downright mischievous. "Any treats you have stashed away that I can convince you to relinquish?" It's a start, a step towards normalcy, and it's the first step that's the hardest. They can discuss how they are when they're seated and sipping on their tea. Her response is sure to be as lengthy as Amalia's and not so simply worded as to respond immediately in a way that isn't wholly false.

evie
Please don't ever become a stranger
whose laugh I could recognize anywhere

Messages In This Thread
You Know the Truest Me - by Evie - 09-06-2019, 09:17 AM
RE: You Know the Truest Me - by Amalia - 09-09-2019, 01:04 AM
RE: You Know the Truest Me - by Evie - 09-11-2019, 08:54 AM
RE: You Know the Truest Me - by Amalia - 09-12-2019, 01:00 PM
RE: You Know the Truest Me - by Evie - 09-18-2019, 02:13 AM
RE: You Know the Truest Me - by Amalia - 09-23-2019, 04:27 PM
RE: You Know the Truest Me - by Evie - 10-01-2019, 07:38 PM
RE: You Know the Truest Me - by Amalia - 10-03-2019, 12:57 PM