the barriers in your mind [open]
Asavvi Kouris
Weaver

Age: 27 | Height: 5'11" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 0 - Strg: 10 - Dext: 12 - Endr: 13 - Luck: 0 - Int:
Played by: Laine Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Asavvi Kouris
I'll use you as a warning sign
It was odd, even after such a short acquaintance to see the shift in Edrei to something softer, a little more subdued, It might have been just for a moment but Asavvi would be lying if she tried to sat the contrast wasn’t intriguing. It certainly made Edrei a little less intimidating to know she wasn’t always quite so brash. Better not to say anything at all.

Asavvi wouldn’t have expected to cross worlds and immediately find someone who could empathize, but not hours later here was this girl who had gone through the same ordeal, who had a large family she cared for, who could possibly understand the fear she felt at not knowing their fates. She remembered her mother talking about fated meetings once, about how the gods would put people in your path right when you needed them--

Asavvi realized she was staring when that thought crossed her mind and she clamped down on the thread before it could run away with her. The thought was too big, to important, she had to remind herself. Putting too much meaning on a chance meeting was just foolish. She pulled her eyes away and determinedly focused her attention on the ground front of her.

“I’ll be sure to get those messages up there, thank you.” Her voice was losing the shake, the weary tinge, such was the might of Asavvi’s sense of self-preservation. You have to build a strong one if you can’t be brave instead. Edrei was one of those brave ones that Asavvi had never been. “Well, I can’t be much of a weaver without a loom. My mother would say you are what you are no matter where, but then she could have been a general with a daisy let alone a spear.” There was an attempt at lightness in her tone and she glanced up again.

It was a mistake.

It was a mistake because there was a pretty girl with that wink and that voice and an arm still around her waist who was inviting her to stay the night.

There might have been a flash of a panicked expression at the meeting of eyes; there was most definitely a blush (not on her cheeks like most but as the base of her neck and creeping down across her chest) but it was broken when Asavvi moved to gently pull away. She was careful to try an put a few feet between them and look up again with a smile. A pleasant smile; not happy, not shy just… pleasant.

“I couldn’t impose on you like that. You’ve obviously got your own troubles you shouldn’t have to worry about me.” She was too good, too practiced at pushing down the panic and glossing it over with polite, that it might have come off as a bit cold, especially in the light of their shared experience the potential of the moments just before. “God’s know you’ve already helped me a great deal today, I wouldn’t dream of being such an inconvenience. You can just point me in the right direction.”

Messages In This Thread
the barriers in your mind [open] - by Asavvi - 11-24-2018, 08:37 PM
RE: the barriers in your mind [open] - by Edrei - 11-24-2018, 10:17 PM
RE: the barriers in your mind [open] - by Asavvi - 11-24-2018, 11:09 PM
RE: the barriers in your mind [open] - by Edrei - 11-24-2018, 11:22 PM
RE: the barriers in your mind [open] - by Asavvi - 11-25-2018, 08:04 AM
RE: the barriers in your mind [open] - by Edrei - 11-25-2018, 02:54 PM
RE: the barriers in your mind [open] - by Asavvi - 11-26-2018, 03:44 AM
RE: the barriers in your mind [open] - by Edrei - 11-26-2018, 06:24 PM
RE: the barriers in your mind [open] - by Asavvi - 11-26-2018, 11:29 PM
RE: the barriers in your mind [open] - by Edrei - 11-27-2018, 08:07 PM
RE: the barriers in your mind [open] - by Asavvi - 11-27-2018, 11:59 PM