emerging into the light
For Renaud
the Firebrand
Headmaster / Grand Healer

Age: 29 | Height: 5' 11' | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 33 - Endr: 35 - Luck: 39 - Int:
ASTRA - Mythical - Luxere
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
LOREN
Something about Loren’s explanation of Zariah’s reign amused Renaud, though the Launceleyn would be hard pressed to know why that might be. Still, at least the other man didn’t comment on the summoner’s cousin, since he was getting a bit tired of talking about her deeds. It was only natural that Renaud asked about Wessex. Loren just wished he had a better answer, to, well, all of this. ”Definitely short, and not yet brutal, though I suppose new is a better word for it.” Sighing, the Launceleyn took a sip to buy himself time to gather his thoughts. ”Her being the sole authority in the Hollowed Grounds is a relatively recent development. However, I’ve met her, and she is both competent and has a strong moral code.” While he wasn’t quite willing to say the new queen was benevolent—their meeting had been too short for that and her reign too young—he’d been impressed, and it showed in his voice.

Normally the Launceleyn would’ve jumped at the opportunity to head over to the Atheneum. However, he was still pretty tired from last night, and he didn’t think he could manage two late nights in a row. Still, he should at least offer. ”I’d be happy to accompany you there, if you’d like.” At present, he was sadly one of the people most familiar with the not-quite library.

Loren blinked at the other man’s question and the sudden change of topic. ”Entertainment? Me personally, or in general?” Probably best to answer both. ”I don’t really do, entertainment, to be honest. So you’d be better off asking someone else. Back when I had free time I would read. Unfortunately that’s been in short supply these days.” There were too many tasks that required his attention to waste any hours of his day on something that would only be for him. Hesitating, he gave Renaud an appraising look; the other man was an Ascended, which limited the activities he might enjoy. Still, Loren decided to give Renaud the full explanation.

”Depends what you like, I suppose. There’s a tavern called the Rathskellar where people usually gather, though I don’t know how much that appeals to you. There are occasionally parties, and festivals, and weddings, things like that, though the only event I know that’s coming up is a wedding. It’s two Ascended, actually, so you might want to attend.” Then again, they were strangers, so Loren wouldn’t in the other man’s shoes. ”There was a puppet show recently. Some gods showed up, so, you know, that was fun. Oh, and there’s an Artist’s Guild, so I imagine they do, well, art related activities if that interests you.” Try as the summoner might, he wasn’t coming up with much else.
A beggar's book
outworths
a noble's blood

Messages In This Thread
emerging into the light - by Loren - 09-08-2019, 05:30 PM
RE: emerging into the light - by Renaud - 09-08-2019, 11:27 PM
RE: emerging into the light - by Loren - 09-09-2019, 12:20 AM
RE: emerging into the light - by Renaud - 09-09-2019, 02:37 PM
RE: emerging into the light - by Loren - 09-09-2019, 03:01 PM
RE: emerging into the light - by Renaud - 09-09-2019, 09:58 PM
RE: emerging into the light - by Loren - 09-09-2019, 10:20 PM
RE: emerging into the light - by Renaud - 09-10-2019, 04:56 PM